Jomo is no more

How to make pilots finding airports ...
Octal450

Jomo is no more

Postby Octal450 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:06 pm

jomo wrote:ATCing at EDDF
I am very sorry, but I will not serve as ATC at EDDF any more.
I am just not willing any more to deal all the time with
* absolute idiots,
* people that even use Hittler's ideas and wordings and songs etc.
* that do now extend their already very infantile behavior even to actual, verbal and technical cyber-crimes
* and only feel well when they can destroy whatever others (not only me!) had built up over a long period of time
etc.

I guess my finishing ATCing will not cause any harm to the standard nice guests of the EDDF-Triangle, because there were many others who were sure they know exactly how to do a better job than I did (if they just could use EDDF as a base) - some of them even tried already several unfriendly takeovers. So let's give them a chance to show how good they are, and how long they can keep that event functioning - I started it "Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:40 am" - let's see who of those eager "wanttobeATCs" will be capable of even trying!

I always supported the free (without LoginUID + PassWord) access to the FlightGear environment. But that growing amount of anonymous idiots, may force us to use Login+PWD at least for MP and mumble - so everybody can use FGFS - but enable some controls for the multi-player environment! The now used individual controls do not help against idiots - that very willingly just want to destroy!

I will keep basic docs available:
* http://www.emmerich-j.de/FGFS
* http://www.emmerich-j.de/EDDF
+ and there are lots of docs in FGFS-wiki and wikipedia.

Thanks to all my customers that enjoyed visiting EDDF - I enjoyed serving you!

IAHM-COL

Re: Jomo is no more

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:08 pm

Bummer.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

SHM

Postby SHM » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:22 pm

I honestly had a heart attack after reading the title :roll:
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

N3266G

Postby N3266G » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:38 pm

A bit of a tragedy. I hope that Jomo finds a new hobby.
Image Image

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:21 pm

Well, as usual, I want to be honest here: Jomo scared the shit out of me sometimes and I avoided Frankfurt for that reason and I am usually not easily scared. But the real problem is, we have obviously in FG no dedicated beginner areas where new pilots can learn the ropes. I mean, okay, when I was new, there was no such area either, actually KL-666 and Lydiot opened one ad hoc for me in Phoenix back then. My phraseology still sucks but at least, most of the time, I find airports and bring a plane down in one piece.
So ... if we want to make something positively out of this, lets think, what would be a good beginner's area and who would be willing to ATC there regularly. Because only then, we can hope that pilots in FG can deal with someone who has, as Jomo did, his own phraseology, his own procedures and still expected everyone to follow them to the dot on the i. You can't just do that if you always think "did I forget something?"
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:41 pm

The MP community just lost the *only* consistent ATC. 4 times a week 4 hours, dead precise with his service. You could startup at 19:30 CET in Amsterdam, and be assured of service at 20:00 CET in Frankfurt. Now what have we got left over? Unpredictable ATC's here and there, of which many are plain idiots.

In 2011, when many of you were still in dipers, Jomo started this service to bring a new and consistent dimension to the waning MP. It worked. Many people were and stayed attracted to MP now. The idea was to have not too difficult procedures, so novices could get their first ATC experience. Controlling their plane, they should have trained beforehand by themselves.

The last few years more and more people thought it funny to destroy this service. There were plain trolls. But also vicious hackers who managed to get into the OpenRadar system and take over flight strips. And there were people who wanted to showoff their "immense" knowledge of aviation. Endlessly discussing that Jomo's instructions were wrong, because the trajectory was not on their petty charty. In reality these people have no clue about real aviation, as they do not know golden rule number one: ATC is always right, no discussing on the air. Phone ATC after the flight. Why the hell did those nonos not go some place where there is their personal ATC heaven?

Anyway, many other people had great times (when not disturbed). Who can't remember their first flight at EDDF, sweating to do everything right. No one can deny that they learned something there.

Now i shall not go to EDDF anymore. The landscape is boring and the only reason i went there is for the consistent service. If there is another ATC there now, it is probably a troll.

Kind regards, Vincent

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:48 pm

Yes. It's really upsetting, I agree with Vincent. My only reason to visit EDDF was due to his consistent service, but those idiots have decided to ruin it for us all. It's really irritating.

It's the end of an era for sure, and I will miss it.

Kind Regards,
Josh

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:05 pm

Why don't we try to contact him and invite him to give us a Multiplayer event of a Jomo's farewell fly in. Just to 1) show him our appreciation for his years of consistency, and impatience, if needed be.
And to 2a) either give him that warm good-bye, or maybe 2b) bend his decision into a reconsideration?

I'd love to plan a EDDF fly in with Jomo, if he agrees.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:06 pm

I'm up for that.

J

Lydiot

Postby Lydiot » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:13 pm

I flew into several airports controlled by other ATCs, and they were far more friendly. When I made a mistake I was never yelled at. They managed to adapt their service to my skill level, which wasn't high at the time.

Then a few years later, I fly into Jomo's controlled space, get yelled at despite having followed his command (because he mistook me for someone else or something), and then his yelling continues towards others who made relatively simple mistakes.

Yeah, to now not have a steady ATC is a loss for FG and those who like flying there. But let's not pretend that he wasn't a part of the problem. His own unprofessional and confrontational demeanor made some people into the trolls you're talking about. I think it was just a matter of time before he'd either understand he had to change how he treated other people or he would stop being an ATC.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Return to “ATCing”