Jomo is no more

How to make pilots finding airports ...
IAHM-COL

Re: Jomo is no more

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:28 pm

@KL666 that's true.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1157&start=10

I misread your statement. Maybe I was misled by Lydiot's reaction that implied you said what you did not.
I'll edit my previous comment.

--PD
I edited my comment
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

N3266G

Postby N3266G » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:42 pm

IAHM-COL wrote:
Wecsje wrote:Rly?

Yes. Really.
FG is not great, but it's the only non-propietary complete Flight Simulator with a community and a multiplayer scene. (Xplane is really propietary as well).
I grant you that FG sucks on many aspects, but it remains with no contender.

VATSIM? Not my kind of cake. A community of minions all using a collection of proprietary software. Nothing like that will ever get close to "best of the world" 4 me. I am not a slave.

My friend I have a few points to make: 1) Please do not use the term minion or Subordinate. It makes those who use both sims feel like we have sold our self to some unknown overlord. If you must use a term, please find one that's nicer to the eyes. 2) VATSIM might not be for you, but what about IVAO? uses the same concept, however the environment is more like FG than any other non-FG community out there.
Image Image

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:02 pm

fair point Falcon,

I mean, I don't dislike or disagree that you (or guys here) use VATSIM. nor that using it specifically makes you the subordinates either. It's a matter of Software freedom liberties more than anything else.

Certainly using propietary software is not my cup of tea, and all I tried to convey is that on that simple issue, VATSIM cannot be put even on the same comparison table to FG. In fact, no other software exists, that I am aware that can be put in the same table to FG (and its multiplayer system) for a comparison.

IH
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:09 pm

Honestly, that whole VATSIM thing misses me a bit. But then, the reason is obvious. VATSIM is controlled flying, straight forward as professional flying goes. When I take time to fly, it is because I changed something on a plane, it is usually test flying for specific things like fuel burn rates, ranges, sometimes balance with different loads, handling problems. No regular ATC likes me if I try to fly barrel roles with an overloaded Antonov, just too get data, in his control area. I think, outside of events, I had in the last two year maybe, just maybe, five landings with all engines running. So, chaotic test flying and regular commercial traffic go not well together.

The other thing, I miss, is the historical aspect. I made a long time ago a concept for some things, like temporarily split servers to create kind of event spaces to be used for example for WWI flying events without getting in the way of a big jetliner. That kind of thing. It never went anywhere, at least not yet, because I have my desk full with other things. But maybe, just maybe, before I reach the age, I need a care-giving facility, I will get around to it.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:18 pm

Well, trolling happens on VATSIM too, it's just dealt with much faster, and properly:

Kind Regards,
Josh

N3266G

Postby N3266G » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:07 pm

Image Image

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:25 pm

Here is my problem since a long time. On one hand, I love the idea to have everything free, no usernames, no passwords, no restrictions. And usernames and passwords do nothing against trolls, they just make a new account. The only thing, user-accounts are actually good for is to store stuff that belongs to a user. You know, you're favorite plane in your favorite paint job, you favorite settings, that kind of thing. And it helps to identify users for communication purposes, maybe. Like two-channel systems where the flying part is on one channel henging on the callsign and the regular chitchat is in another on user-level, so you can chat about things outside of flying without even caring which callsign that buddy of yours uses today. I have a friend of Colombian origins, who does that all the time to me and confuses me by not using his regular callsign sometimes ;-)
But aside of those applications, we can't win any troll-security from a mere user-account system. All we can get is some luxury.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

Lydiot

Postby Lydiot » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:39 pm

KL-666 wrote:Hi IAHM-COL,

Either i write strange, or you read strange. After having read at least 3 posts after another with the standard songs of negativity from Lydiot, i said:

we'll have to deal with the negativity of the likes of Lydiot again

To me this says: We may be disturbed by negative people, who are as negative as Lydiot (was in his previous 3 posts after another).

In no way can i make of it: Lydiot is a troll, or that he disturbs events. To me the only qualification in the sentence is: Lydiot is negative.

Kind regards, Vincent

Thanks for keeping this thread about me, numbnuts.....

Oh look: Another negative nansy:

Wecsje wrote:I'll grab this opportunity to say that VATSIM is the greatest thing in the world! And the ATC controllers are actually nice and don't shout at you!

What ow what will the Jabberwocky clan label him as!? How dare he accuse Jomo of anything less than perfection!?

I hope you deal with that guy asap.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lydiot

Postby Lydiot » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:43 pm

it0uchpods wrote:Dear Lydiot,
Once again you have completely failed to insult anyone,

It wasn't my goal to insult people. Sorry to disappoint you.

it0uchpods wrote: and only made a fool of yourself.

You'd never comprehend what a "fool" is since you don't have the capacity to.

it0uchpods wrote:I contribute to the FGFS Project and help others, and am always learning more.

Lets say I do have an IQ of 1. What would that make you? -250 seems right to me. Of course, negative IQs are not possible, but in your case, I think it might be accurate!

Try harder next time!

Kind Regards,
Josh

Hmmm.... that reminds me of that time I said that you children are so dull that all you can manage is use the same "insult" and throw the same thing back at the other person....

IAHM-COL wrote:
Lydiot wrote:As usual you don't do shit when people insult me, and then act like a twat when I respond in kind. Pretty weak buddy.

O.K., sorry for having act like a twat, then.
It was not my intention to try to thwart your effort of fighting with every other person in this thread, insulting either their intelligence, their fairness, or what not.

See, you're doing it again. Someone else starts shit, I respond - do you comprehend that concept? Cause/effect? - and then you blame me for the other people having engaged in a conversation they weren't a part of.

You're such a big hypocrite it's unbelievable.

Did it ever occur to you that if assholes like Vincent didn't pick on others those other people wouldn't actually respond? Did it?

Let me give you an example:

When was the last time me and JWocky got into a fight? Can you even remember? That's because he doesn't throw crap in my direction now and because I don't throw crap in his direction now. Get it? If I had said something negative about JWocky he would be totally justified in responding. I'm sure you'd get that. I'm sure you'd have no issue with it. Yet here we are..
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

N3266G

Postby N3266G » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:51 pm

Just do us a favor. Leave.
Image Image

Return to “ATCing”