Jomo is no more

How to make pilots finding airports ...
Lydiot
Posts: 554
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:30 pm

Re: Jomo is no more

Postby Lydiot » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:59 pm

N3266G wrote:Just do us a favor. Leave.


Stop addressing me and it all goes away you dolt. Just like Vincent should have done.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User avatar
it0uchpods
Posts: 2091
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:47 am
Location: A far corner of my room.
Contact:

Re: Jomo is no more

Postby it0uchpods » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:43 pm

Once again, I sit back and laugh at the pure stupidity every post of yours demonstrates. So far you contribute nothing to the community except practicing arguing for your constant fights with others. Please go practice somewhere else, like a dirt cellar. We really won't miss you!

Kind Regards,
Josh
it0uchpods/WTF411

FlightGear Aircraft Developer
Lead Programmer at the it0uchpods Design Group
Download High Quality Aircraft from it0uchpods Hangar

KL-666
Posts: 1602
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:42 am

Re: Jomo is no more

Postby KL-666 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:45 am

Lydiot wrote:Just like Vincent should have done


Excuse me, o great lord. Do not slay me with your mighty sword. It is just that i do not posses your script. So i do not know the words you want to bestow upon me.

Kind regards, Vincent

User avatar
N3266G
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:20 am
Location: Hogwarts
Contact:

Re: Jomo is no more

Postby N3266G » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:22 am

KL-666 wrote:
Lydiot wrote:Just like Vincent should have done


Excuse me, o great lord. Do not slay me with your mighty sword. It is just that i do not posses your script. So i do not know the words you want to bestow upon me.

Kind regards, Vincent


Image Beautiful.

Image

User avatar
jwocky
Site Admin
Posts: 1803
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Jomo is no more

Postby jwocky » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:27 pm

I just wish, all the energy used to lead these flamewars could be directed into something sensible and useful. See, Joshua for example puts a lot of work in making planes people can fly in FG and have fun with them. Wecsje for example, while I don't agree with what he wants (the dream of a totally controlled flying world versus a rather uncontrolled world). does something for it. He runs Discord servers, he tried to participate in events when his time allowed. Vincent did a lot of test flying lately and he has still this airport list project going on. Everybody tries to do something positive. You, Lydiot, you have a problem. You yell at people and call them a thousand things, but nobody saw you ever doing anything for the community. Which makes you the guy standing in the shadows, stomping his feet, and yells all the time for attention. You won't get it. Why? Because all your negativity is never compensated by anything positive.

See, Bomber for example is surely an acquired taste sometimes. But, whether I disagree with him or agree at a certain day, there is always this one thing, everybody has to give him: He tried in his own way to find for example better ways to build FDMs. He tried, he worked, he aimed to make something useful. That cuts him even on the bad days a lot of slack.

You, Lydiot, well, I think, we have to find something in which you can be useful to the community. I have honestly no idea what skills you have or can learn, that is something, you tell us. But really, to be taken more serious, you need to work on your reputation as useful. Think about that factor.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

jomo
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:45 pm

Re: Jomo is no more

Postby jomo » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:25 pm

Hi All,
I never never would have thought that I am such an interesting person. :oops:
Thank You KL-666 telling me about this forum. After spending some hours reading all those (mostly nice) "condolences" let me assure you all: I am still living and will remain a member of the FGFS environment (but hopefully now again more flying!). But I do not want to continue in an absolutely free environment - in which everybody can disturb/destroy any event.

It looks to me, that you did setup an FGFS-environment with a better control of users. And even if some people open a new UID/PWD in order to continue to be an idiot -- my experience tells me: They may do that 3-10 times - but even the most stupid will notice after some tries that now their best friends do not recognize them any more - that then stops that behavior! Of course the old UIDs must remain active - but blocked forever!

As an opener I suggest I will be at EDDF on Sunday ATCing after your ITALY-event - and whoever wants to will be welcomed after a final hop from Italy into the cool North (pls well before midnight UTC!).

Just one personal point to many comments in the forum: Neither as ATC nor as private I will ever communicate with people who need to use words like "go fuck yourself" or "asshole" or "dolt" or similar. Sorry - I am older then 10 years and expect a minimum of respect between all members!

Again: Thanks for all the nice words
jomo

User avatar
IAHM-COL
Posts: 5609
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: Homey, NV (KXTA) - U.S.A
Contact:

Re: Jomo is no more

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:29 pm

jomo wrote:Hi All,


As an opener I suggest I will be at EDDF on Sunday ATCing after your ITALY-event - and whoever wants to will be welcomed after a final hop from Italy into the cool North (pls well before midnight UTC!).

jomo



I know some pilots would appreciate this :D
I myself would like to jump from Palermo where I'm ATCIng into Frankfort. Maybe I succeed a landing

Best,
IH-COL
R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it? Probably not, because if they don’t recognise their freedoms, they’ll let their freedoms fall

User avatar
IAHM-COL
Posts: 5609
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: Homey, NV (KXTA) - U.S.A
Contact:

Re: Jomo is no more

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:34 pm

jomo wrote:Hi All,
I never never would have thought that I am such an interesting person. :oops:
Thank You KL-666 telling me about this forum. After spending some hours reading all those (mostly nice) "condolences" let me assure you all: I am still living and will remain a member of the FGFS environment (but hopefully now again more flying!). But I do not want to continue in an absolutely free environment - in which everybody can disturb/destroy any event.

It looks to me, that you did setup an FGFS-environment with a better control of users. And even if some people open a new UID/PWD in order to continue to be an idiot -- my experience tells me: They may do that 3-10 times - but even the most stupid will notice after some tries that now their best friends do not recognize them any more - that then stops that behavior! Of course the old UIDs must remain active - but blocked forever!

jomo



Well.. on this topic.
No. Unfortunately we don't have a FGMP environment that works like this either.
and I am ambivalent on my preferences here, because I don't know for sure that username/pw will really prevent the most annoying,yet commited trolls.

On the other hand, FGMEMBERS does have a MPserver that is isolated from the typical FG MP servers
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=119

There are advantages, such as
1) we can exercise blockage if needed to a pilot, by IP
2) the RAdar sees some 500 nm of area (in OpenRadar, ATCpie) etc
3) It has the fastest PING and data transmission available, so it reduces lag
4) It does not connect the pilots to the MP servers by FG

There are disadvantages too, such as
1) It is not simple to connect for some
2) We provide XML files to make connection from the MP menu, but it requires user intervention on their FGDATA
3) the same as advantage 4. It does not connect the pilots to the MP servers by FG


Advantage 4, disadvantage 3 means that one can have a very clean event where only pilots belonging to that event are simmulatneously connected to the server.

Best,
IH-COL
R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it? Probably not, because if they don’t recognise their freedoms, they’ll let their freedoms fall

Lydiot
Posts: 554
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:30 pm

Re: Jomo is no more

Postby Lydiot » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:45 pm

KL-666 wrote:
Lydiot wrote:Just like Vincent should have done


Excuse me, o great lord. Do not slay me with your mighty sword. It is just that i do not posses your script. So i do not know the words you want to bestow upon me.

Kind regards, Vincent


You mean just like i don't know the words you want me to bestow upon your lover Jomo?

You get an A++ in hypcrisy.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lydiot
Posts: 554
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:30 pm

Re: Jomo is no more

Postby Lydiot » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:48 pm

jwocky wrote:I just wish, all the energy used to lead these flamewars could be directed into something sensible and useful. See, Joshua for example puts a lot of work in making planes people can fly in FG and have fun with them. Wecsje for example, while I don't agree with what he wants (the dream of a totally controlled flying world versus a rather uncontrolled world). does something for it. He runs Discord servers, he tried to participate in events when his time allowed. Vincent did a lot of test flying lately and he has still this airport list project going on. Everybody tries to do something positive. You, Lydiot, you have a problem. You yell at people and call them a thousand things, but nobody saw you ever doing anything for the community. Which makes you the guy standing in the shadows, stomping his feet, and yells all the time for attention. You won't get it. Why? Because all your negativity is never compensated by anything positive.

See, Bomber for example is surely an acquired taste sometimes. But, whether I disagree with him or agree at a certain day, there is always this one thing, everybody has to give him: He tried in his own way to find for example better ways to build FDMs. He tried, he worked, he aimed to make something useful. That cuts him even on the bad days a lot of slack.

You, Lydiot, well, I think, we have to find something in which you can be useful to the community. I have honestly no idea what skills you have or can learn, that is something, you tell us. But really, to be taken more serious, you need to work on your reputation as useful. Think about that factor.


Well well, you just couldn't leave it alone, could you?

Vincent snipes at me, I respond, and you have to jump in and fuel the fire. And then I'm guessing you'll act all surprised when shit blows up, right?

Why the hell would I make an effort to appease people like Vincent when all he seems capable of doing is sniping at me? What's the incentive? I already think he's an ass, so why would I care what he thinks about me? Tell me.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Return to “ATCing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest