If you've any problems, comment below
- VATSIM Account (https://www.vatsim.net/)
Make one if you don't have one.
- Python 2.6 (32bit) [https://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6/]
- Advanced Voice Client (AVC)
- Wine (Only if you're on Linux, Mac)
- All the required softwares except Wine (if you're on linux).
Install depending on your distro.
After installing wine, when you try to install some of the above programs, you will have to install some dependencies which wine will ask. Just click install when it asks and you shouid be good.
Unzip all the .zip downloaded and put it in a folder.
1. Make a shortcut to squawkgear.exe on your desktop, or wherever you wish.
2. Copy the file squawk.xml to $FG_data/Protocol
3. Go to $FG_data/gui/dialogs, and backup radios.xml
Copy the file radios.xml to $FG_data/gui/dialogs and overwrite the old file.
1. install AVC by clicking AVC10setup.exe
2. Start AVC.exe from your desktop (if you asked the setup to place a shortcut on the desktop).
3. Fill in the CID and Password, and type in a server manually from the list below depending on your location.
4. Now setup your audio setup with the audio setup tab.
1. Start SB747 from SquawkBox\SquawkBox\BIN, go to File->Setup.
2. Fill up your name, CID and password as registered with VATSIM.
3. Finally, select a VATSIM server geographically near you.
4. In the path voice prg, select the location of AVC.exe you just installed.
For Windows, it should be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Advanced Voice Client\AVC.exe
For Linux, go to ~/.Wine and then find location of AVC.exe