Xplane and MacOS; chatting in the hangar.

Post your best screen shots, just for the fun of it
Falcon

Re: What/Where did you fly today?

Postby Falcon » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:44 pm

Hey Israel could you put these comments into a seperate thread so people don't have to see this while they are scrolling through the topic?

Octal450

Re: What/Where did you fly today?

Postby Octal450 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:10 pm

+1

Richard

Re: Xplane and MacOS; chatting in the hangar.

Postby Richard » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:08 am

IAHM-COL wrote:Like really simulating the aircraft.
Imagine you sit on a real MD-11 at some training airport somewhere; where is the "autostart" button in the real deal?

Now go and sit in a real MD-11 simulator. There will be an engines quick start button, an all systems reset button, a master reset button, a takeoff reset button and a whole host of other shortcuts to commonly used functions[1] that save time in a training session.

So you should be able to start the aircraft using the correct procedures; but there should also be a Quickstart and a Cold and Dark function so that you don't have to sit through a full engine start procedure every time (e.g. if FG crashes, or you crash)

Forcing everyone to always follow correct procedures and checklists makes an aircraft tedious IMO.

--------------
[1] Switches that have to be in a certain position may need to be moved in the cockpit by the pilots; *but* this is only because the simulator can't move them itself - for more recent aircraft with soft buttons the simulation will set the appropriate state. Controls that can be moved will be moved..

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:29 am

Most MD-11 controls are soft. Except the lighting switches, seat belts, emergency power, and a few more.

My MD-80 will have an aircraft center. There you can choose a cockpit state like cold and dark. Or ready for taxi. Or ready for takeoff. And evene is ready for landing. It will also have a load manager to easily load fuel and payload, but staying balenced. It won't be as simple as pushin QuickStart anymore.

There is a generic autostart in X-Plane. Sooo....

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:43 pm

Just to clarify, neither falcon nor I was referring specifically to the MD11. I mentioned the MD11 as an example, but my point addresses most aircraft in the collection.

Also, in my mind FG is a real simulator, too
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

Falcon

Postby Falcon » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:09 pm

In our defense Israel, I think of FG as a real sim too, just one that I consider a "Beginner's Simulator", because it lacks a good ATC system. Yes Jomo dose an excellent job, and yes there are others that do a fantastic job too, but I just feel like in order for me to go to the next level, I need to go to different sims. The aircraft we have here in FG are much farther along than the majority of the freeware aircraft in X-Plane, but those that are Payware completely blow 99.9999999999999% of all the FG aircraft out of the water (that 0.0000000000001% being the MD11). Just look at the Challenger 300, It's Payware, yet 100x better then the Seattle 777. But I rest my case there. Rebuttal if you want. But A picture speaks a thousands words, and here are a few of the Challenger 300 and can take more.
Last edited by Falcon on Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:14 pm

I disagree. The Seattle 777 is about Captain Sim quality. Good, but light on advanced systems.

Want to something really advanced? See PMDG 777, MD-11, 737. And FSlabs A320.

Nothing else even gets close. Yet.

The problem with FGFS is the Route Manager. It doesn't have a way to use waypoint where more than one VOR have the same name. And the AIRAC is ancient. No SID/STARS.

I am planning to make an FMS for my MDs which uses a custom AIRAC which has SID/STARS and allow those duplicate waypoints.

ATC-Pie is quite realistic. The new OpenRadar is pretty nice as well, but they are all Tower control systems. We have no STARS or AARTS systems.

Add this all together, and with FGCOM, we could get a very realistic experience.

Josh

SHM

Postby SHM » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:23 pm

it0uchpods wrote:I disagree. The Seattle 777 is about Captain Sim quality. Good, but light on advanced systems.

Want to something really advanced? See PMDG 777, MD-11, 737. And FSlabs A320.

Nothing else even gets close. Yet.

+1
And the Majestic dash8 q400
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:24 pm

Can't compare a prop to a jet.

And that's why your compare is invalid also, falcon, you can't compare a 777 to a challenger.

Falcon

Postby Falcon » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:25 pm

Josh, in case you missed my saying this over 100 times on Team Speak and mumble, I DO NOT CARE FOR OR ABOUT ANYTHING RELATED TO FSX/P3D I cannot run nor will I ever run FSX/P3D on any computer that I own. and you have not even tried to UNDERSTAND any of the aircraft in X-Plane, Nor do I believe you will, because you ALWAYS insist that FSX/P3D is better, And I HAVE used FSX/P3D before, and unless you are using it in educational environments, Its horrible. END OF DISCUSSION!

Return to “Screen shots”