HFarman-22 over Caracas

Post your best screen shots, just for the fun of it
Xavante

HFarman-22 over Caracas

Postby Xavante » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:05 am

Hello people.
Today I downloaded this plane and I liked it,so I took these screenshots while I was flying over SVMI:

...I`m also posting it as a way to introduce myself in this new forum.Some of you I already know from mumble :)
Cheers!

IAHM-COL

Re: HFarman-22 over Caracas

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:45 am

Superb!!
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:11 am

Wonderful!
Did you use TerraSync?
Thats not how CCS should look - there is a terminal!
Catalonic tried, but did not finish. Plus my layout is way better than the default TerraSync one. Fact, not bragging :)
Xavante, debes installar desde www.github.com/legoboyvdlp/SVMI-fg-CustomScenery.
Instala como un nuevo escenario - por ejemplo, en Windows, yo tengo Documents/FlightGear/TerraSync y Documents/Jonathans Folder/FlightGear/Scenery.
Y yo copie el Objects y Terrain de SVMI-fg-CustomScenery hasta /Scenery y lo deje remplazar lo que estaba alli.
Esl te da todos los aeropuertos de Caracas --- y Higuerote tambien! El Mofo y otros vienen pronto.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:41 pm

I like seeing my old planes being appreciated, nice images BTW! 8-)

If you want to experience how the old, twin row rotary engines were flown, bring up the fuel and payload menuette, and click the square in Fuel to hide the little 'X' within, which will cut the fuel supply to the engine, acting like an ignition 'coup' switch.

The rotating mass of the engine will spool down in rpm slowly, then re-click the 'X' box again, the engine spools up again, repeat as needed to slow down and land. This is how old single speed rotaries were speed controlled. Don't slow down too much as the HF-22 has a terrible glide slope and will stall and plummet if you try to level out without engine power below 40~35 Knots.

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:50 pm

Some of your plamnes even have ability to do it in the 3d cockpit!
A switch is often hidden behind the pilot. Of course, you can't do it unless you have two monjtors, or are on autopilot.
So, at times, it is better to use dialogs.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

Xavante

Postby Xavante » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:53 pm

Glad you liked it, people :)

Legoboy,yes I used terrasync on those screenshots.Thanks for the link,now I can install the Custom Scenery. ((y muchas gracias por explicarme en
español))

LesterBoffo,the first time that I landed the HFarman-22 I did stall that haha.Thanks for the tips!

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:42 am

@ Lego: in this case the fuel tap is not a good solution, as it richens the fine adjust of the fuel mixture when clicked twice. It also doesn't activate the engine turning but not running sound, the sort of ".....pop!,...... splut!, .....pop!,.....pop!" noise that rotaries can sometimes make when 'couped'. The menu box's selection box for fuel tank connection, (which you can drag somewhat below the screen edge at the bottom to hide..) works without changing the mixture. Of course if you don't use a joystick the payload/fuel menu box is a pain to use. You can always use the throttle. I make all my planes throttle down even if they didn't in real life.

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:57 am

Here is a video about the Rhinebeck's Caudron C-III with a LeRhone 9C for power..

Return to “Screen shots”