Prepare for Impact

Talk about flying in real life
HJ1an

Prepare for Impact

Postby HJ1an » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:38 am

This 3D game has been developed in the context of an international, aviation safety research project (http://hcilab.uniud.it/aviation), aimed at exploring possible new approaches to safety education.
The game reproduces the experience of real-world aircraft emergencies from the passenger’s viewpoint, with the highest fidelity allowed by today’s mobile devices. In each virtual emergency experience, the player can try first-hand right and wrong actions that a passenger can take, and see the positive or negative consequences those actions have.

Your goal is to take all the right decisions to come out from the plane unharmed as fast as possible.
The game also offers the option of publishing your best evacuation results on world leaderboards.

The different levels of "Prepare for Impact" depict major types of emergencies, such as in-flight decompression, ground collision, runway overrun, water landing, and crash landing. Moreover, they are able to simulate the different threats that can make aircraft evacuation more complex, such as fire, smoke in the cabin, water, unusable exits, and others.

I chanced upon this. Doesn't help my flying anxieties at all, but I guess there is some 'edutainment' in safety briefing and escape simulations out of tight spots and also prepares for the 'drop everything and get out in the safest manner as possible" in the form of a timed score.

What do you all think?

J Maverick 16

Re: Prepare for Impact

Postby J Maverick 16 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:07 pm

That's the University from my local area, which also made the MB-339 PAN FG plane.
Thanks for posting this up HJ1an!
Regards, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (current project: F-16).
Using Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack.
Follow me also on Instagram & Twitter @j_maverick16, Google+ and YouTube.

Return to “Real life flying”