Airbus vs Boeing -- Airbus wins, any day

Talk about flying in real life
Lydiot

Re: Airbus vs Boeing -- Airbus wins, any day

Postby Lydiot » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:20 am

I don't know... I thought the 737 was ugly too, but then it sort of grew on me. I quite like it now. It's cute. Like a dolphin...

My favorite is the 747-400 though. Just love the shape. It feels like the original big bird....

Although the 707 wasn't bad either....
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

HJ1an

Postby HJ1an » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:56 am

The 747 is very iconic. And it is even more amazing to know that they designed the thing on paper and slide rules, and built it from scratch in about 2 years!!

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:16 pm

... paper and slide rules...

Sounds funny.

But seriously, the 747 is AWESOMELY AWESOME.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

Lydiot

Postby Lydiot » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:01 pm

HJ1an wrote:The 747 is very iconic. And it is even more amazing to know that they designed the thing on paper and slide rules, and built it from scratch in about 2 years!!

I totally agree. I think we sometimes forget how much help we get these days from computers when designing technology. Very impressive indeed.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

HJ1an

Postby HJ1an » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:48 am

legoboyvdlp wrote:... paper and slide rules...

Sounds funny.

I meant "...on paper and using just slide rules.."

This is a slide rule, in case you didn't know. I never had the pleasure of using one for anything important, but my dad had one for his work. I know how to use it in the most basic form, but I am at lost how to explain how to use it into words.. anyway I think there's plenty of sites on the Internet that explains it.

In the 60s they didn't have electronic calculators - they used slide rules to calculate things, and I believe the term 'computers' refer to people whose job is to calculate things. They brought us both the 707 and 747 in 2 years, and sent people to the moon in 10, from scratch (big projects that nobody really had any experience with before) Brings me to another thought, the thought that the best generation are those born in the 30s / 40s / 50s, may have some merit?

In contast the B787 took - what- 10 years to fly :/

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:00 am

Impressive!
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:04 pm

+1

SHM

Postby SHM » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:22 pm

Didnt expect this guy to come here for testing (My hometown :D )

Airbus A320 NEO at Trivandrum International, Photo source: Naveen Gopakumar, Plane Spotters Kerala

French aircraft major Airbus’s latest version aircraft the eco-friendly A-320 NEO has arrived at the Trivandrum international airport for a 5-day climate check. This is the first time that a major aircraft manufacturing company is using the premier airport in Kerala for climate check. Over the next five days the A-320 NEO (New Engine Option) will be tested by flying in different areas in the vicinity of the international airport’s airspace to find out how the equipment in the aircraft react and respond. As many as six pilots and 23 flight engineers and technicians are part of the team that has reached the capital for the climate check. Airbus has got clearance from AAI and the Director General of Civil Aviation for carrying out the check.
“This is a recognition for the airport as it has been picked up for the A-32O NEO’s climate check. The aircraft will move through the coastal areas as part of the climate check. The other airport where the climate check will be conducted is the high-altitude airport at Ladakh,” Airport Director George G. Tharakan told The Hindu. A-320 NEO has many new features including the latest generation of Pratt and Whitney’s fuel-efficient geared turbo fan engines and large Sharklet wing-tip devices. The aircarft also boasts of new aerodynamic improvements, and the latest cabin features. According to Airbus, the new aircraft will offer 20% savings in fuel burn per seat by 2020, two tonnes of additional payload, 500 nautical miles of more range, lower operating costs, along with reduction in engine noise and emissions.

http://news.entecity.com/airbus-is-test ... l-airport/
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:55 pm

Nice!

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:03 pm

Lovely; the neo is a nice plane.

Buuuuuttttt.... it already entered service, why the test?
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!

Return to “Real life flying”