Delta Private Jets: Better than Delta Airlines?

Talk about flying in real life
N3266G

Delta Private Jets: Better than Delta Airlines?

Postby N3266G » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:13 am

Hello people!!

I recently came across a Fractional Airline called Delta Private Jets (DPJ) has me thinking: Why would I want to work for Delta Airlines when Delta Private Jets is available to me? I am trying to choose a carrier path and I am leaning heavily t'words Delta, Specifically to fly the Bombardier CS100 and A350. But if I can get into DPJ, then I can go where ever I am told to, and get there in a flash. Please help me decide, Because I can't!

https://www.deltaprivatejets.com/
http://www.deltajobs.net/career_destinations.htm
Image Image

KL-666

Re: Delta Private Jets: Better than Delta Airlines?

Postby KL-666 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:36 pm

I do not know anything about these outfits, but there are some things that might be handy to consider.

- How is the private jet company organized? Do you get a fixed salary or pay per flight?
- What are your plans for your personal life? Do you plan to start a family any time soon? Then i think being with a well organized airline is more convenient. But if you are free to do as you like, then i suppose the private jets are more fun.

Kind regards, Vincent

jwocky
Site Admin

Re: Delta Private Jets: Better than Delta Airlines?

Postby jwocky » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:19 am

DPJ is a subsidiary of Delta Airlines. They do what many of the business jet outfits do and operate all kinds of business jets for their owners, care for maintenance and charter them out when the owners don't need them.
In the light jet segment, they have mostly Citations, a Beechjet and a Nextant, midsize segment are Citation Excels, a Phenom, a Hawker and Learjets of several sizes from 45 to 75. Super-midsize is Gulfsteam 200s, bigger Citations as in Souvereigns and Xs and a Challenger 350. Large jets are Gulfstream IV (rumor has it, there will be VI later, Challenger 600s and a Falcon 7x for the special taste.
So, in terms of certifications on plane types, you get some variety there but none of the real standard airliners. DPS tries to get a foot in that door since years, but guys who have a BBJ operate them usually on their own or worse, hold shares of their competition. So that could be a disadvantage. On the other hand, it is a growing market and while airlines reduce the number of planes and routes and thus of pilots, those business companies are hiring more and more crews and, opposite to regional airlines, they want some quality and are willing to pay decent for that. Another advantage or disadvantage, depending how you want to see it, is they don't fly regular routes but mostly business people. Means, you find yourself in a plane to Rome suddenly, but when you are there, you are maybe, if it comes stupid stuck there for two or three days till those guys finished their business. Which is a disadvantage if you want home, and an advantage if you have never been before in Rome and want to see the city. But it is different than with an airline where you fly your route, maybe end up for the rest period in a hotel and then in a cockpit flying back.

Bottom line is, whether it is good for your or not depends more on what you want than on the choice airlines or business. So what you need to do is write a list of the things, you want first.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

Return to “Real life flying”