IAHM-COL

The JWocky's move in excelsis

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:32 pm

OMG'

The "Jwocky's move" in Excelsis
Read More Here (LA times)
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

KL-666

Re: The JWocky's move in excelsis

Postby KL-666 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:49 pm

Lining up to land on a taxiway (or landing on it) is a serious incident, which must always be investigated to find out how that could happen. If it was the nav aids/instruments, they should be fixed asap. Just imagine what could happen in bad visibility.

In this specific case though it is a bit exaggerated to say that there was almost a disaster. The visibility was good and the pilot noticed the planes on the ground himself. And if the ATC had not told him to go around, i am pretty sure he would have done so himself. No sane pilot lands consciously on top of other planes.

Kind regards, Vincent

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:20 pm

it was late at night. I dont think they had great vis, just the ATC call for abort landing on time! (If Im getting this right)
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:40 pm

Just for the protocol ... I never landed on a full taxiway! Because if there are planes taxiing, even a blind mole like me can figure it out. Especially at night, those other planes taxi with light.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

Return to “Real life flying”