ProjectPhilippines

Building new buildings, airports, mowing lawn on runways ... all that kind of things to create the world
oscar6662

Re: ProjectPhilippines

Postby oscar6662 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:38 pm

+1
[url]Image[/url]

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:46 pm

I am not sure what did you say there Catalanoic.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:55 pm

O.K.
I think I understand.

You are asking TheFGPhilippinoPilot if he is O.K with you pushing his work to TerraSync (the 3d models), granted they are GPL?

that's a fair question, actually.
The only objection is that by you pushing yourself, can you give credit to the author? or are you pushing this content as "made by you?". The reason why this could be controversial is that even you can use GPL material by redistributing, the License does require "atrribution"

Other than that, I think, it is fair for you to ask to the FGPhilippinoPilot if he would accept your reuse of the material he posted. If you asked me, given that the material is GPL, his answer should be: "Feel free to use it as you seem fit, provided you respect the GPL license terms, and keep all copyright notices and disclaimers of the lack of a warranty, as well as proper authorship attribution"....

And from there, you off course could use that material as you see fit :P

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:01 pm

Catalanoic wrote:Can you bring it to [Scenemodels]?

Noteworthy, your original question was not whether the FGPhilippinoPilot would allow you to reuse his material in another way you seem fit. The question is whether he would do more work for you, to achieve something that is certainly not worth the effort (at the moment)
This could change if D-ECHO fixes the Philippines terragear construction by using proper elevation sources, and succeeds pushing the island to Terrasync. At that time, maybe pushing the buildings to terrasync could be a work that Catalanoic could inherit and be actually quite great and cooperative.

Right now, all you will achieve is a rather weird RPVM in terrasync.

R.M.S.

D-ECHO

Postby D-ECHO » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:57 am

The data from tgeviewfinderpanorama is not linked to usgs.gov? Then it's am Attribution error im sorry.

D-ECHO

Postby D-ECHO » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:58 am

You have access to the Repo would you mind changing the title or description?

TheFilipinoFGPilot

Postby TheFilipinoFGPilot » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:04 am

Hi All, I am in the process of remodelling the Waterfront Hotel, Tower and Mactan Terminal, I am stuck with the terminal since some textures on the roof wont show up when it is exported into .ac, but the Mactan Airport model is more realistic than the first one, photos later. I burnt the midnight oil and slept for 5 hours only finishing the roof bug, but now I am nearing to a solution after watching pictures of the terminal building.

TheFilipinoFGPilot

Postby TheFilipinoFGPilot » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:18 am

@Catalonic, you can do whatever you want with my model, you can even upload it yourself, but the RPVM in terrasync, (which I thought fixed the layout, but no, so I transferred here) is not compatible with the models, a newer model is on the way also :) might as well wait for me to finish it, :) :)

D-ECHO

Postby D-ECHO » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:27 am

Hopefully soon i can send it to Terrasync

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:10 pm

D-ECHO wrote:The data from tgeviewfinderpanorama is not linked to usgs.gov? Then it's am Attribution error im sorry.

Ok. Please clarify:
Are these sources from panorama or from USGS.gov? The short answer is, no they arent linked. They are totally different files on each different source, and those on panorama are the most optimized, and those used globally in FG.

D-ECHO wrote:You have access to the Repo would you mind changing the title or description?

I wouldnt mind after you clarify my question above.

Thanks D-ECHO

R.M.S.

Return to “Scenery Development”