ProjectPhilippines

Building new buildings, airports, mowing lawn on runways ... all that kind of things to create the world
SHM

Re: ProjectPhilippines

Postby SHM » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:31 am

Core developers of FG.
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

TheFilipinoFGPilot

Postby TheFilipinoFGPilot » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:56 am

Can you describe why have they made such remarks?

SHM

Postby SHM » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:06 am

FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

TheFilipinoFGPilot

Postby TheFilipinoFGPilot » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:19 am

Progress halted temporaroly, for the buildings, I upgraded my FlightGear to 2016.3.1 last night and poof, it wont work, it crashes after loading the scenery, I went to FGrun, to see what the problem is on console, the console wont show, and also the same problem, neither the crash report showed up, so I don't know what caused it, I will be switcing to 2016.2.1, see if it works, if I get another version of FG working, progress will commence.

SHM

Postby SHM » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:13 am

:(
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

TheFilipinoFGPilot

Postby TheFilipinoFGPilot » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:51 am

I'll be "off-duty" for about a week :(

TheFilipinoFGPilot

Postby TheFilipinoFGPilot » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:38 am

though I dont have flightgear running as of the moment, I finished the airport just now, the Viewing deck is available, :)

release this monday :)

Catalanoic

Postby Catalanoic » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:30 pm

I was out sometime... I try to answer some of the last messages:

@TheFilipinoFGPilot: I can upload and refurbish for TerraSync your new and awesome 3d models of RPVM, i've a question for you, the latest/updated RPVM scenery link is the FGMEMBERS Github repo or the google link you provided first? I can take the models and convert it to TS standards, i can do that or inherit this type of work like suggested IAHM-COL because i've some experience about it and you can have more time modelling or doing something else. Another question is if i can upload your 3D work under my name but write yours in the description (TheFilipinoFGPilot or full name?), or you can ask to the TS gatekeeper to create an authors profile and i just have to select your name in the authors list. So my objective is just to have these 3d models there but not to take your works merit. And last, hope you can have your computer ready to continue the work because there's a lot of work in Philippines (i need to remember to go there some day! not just in FG ;-) and no everyday we've a new modeller and eager to improve and create airports for FG.
I also have to thank the FGMEMBERS team as always to support this project!

@IAHM-COL: Yes, i apologize about how i asked this, because i often write[in forums] with the smaller count of words but isn't always the easiest way what i want to express. I have no problem to upload (TS) these 3d objects (shared too) when the actual RPVM layout (and thousends more) is outdated/basic and weird terrain, landclasses, etc, we all know thats temporal because FG is improving all the time, we have these usefull github repos for the time between and for developing purposes, for example.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:02 pm

@TheFilipinoFGPilot

I just pushed a big important update in both the FGMEMBERS-SCENERY repo (and to terraGIT)

Code: Select all

git pull
install/tile e120n10

This fix includes

1. The elevation of the airport is now correct
2. The bug on the hills of Cebu Hills is (since 1) corrected
3. The coastline around the waters are OSM shapefiles, so they are more accurate now
(Thanks D-ECHO for generating)
4. The Objects elevation has been fixed to match this

I strongly recommend you update your custom scenery with the content in this package!!
https://github.com/FGMEMBERS-SCENERY/RPVM-fg-CustomScenery/archive/master.zip

Screenshots

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:15 pm

Catalanoic wrote:Another question is if i can upload your 3D work under my name but write yours in the description (TheFilipinoFGPilot or full name?), or you can ask to the TS gatekeeper to create an authors profile and i just have to select your name in the authors list.

I think to honor the attribution requirements of GPL you should really avoid uploading objects you do not author as if you would have author them. You can upload objects anonymously, and add Notes on xml files or something to tell who is the author, or TheFilipinoFGPilot could create an authors profile as you suggest.

Also, not every object that is in the FGMEMBERS-SCENERY repository is authored by him. Several are authored by D-LASER instead. In the future some maybe by me.

I thank that you appreciate the importance of proper attribution.

@IAHM-COL: Yes, i apologize about how i asked this, because i often write[in forums] with the smaller count of words but isn't always the easiest way what i want to express. I have no problem to upload (TS) these 3d objects (shared too) when the actual RPVM layout (and thousends more) is outdated/basic and weird terrain, landclasses, etc, we all know thats temporal because FG is improving all the time, we have these usefull github repos for the time between and for developing purposes, for example.

OK.
I see you are eager to throw models to Terrasync,
For how the layout of these airports look in terrasync, I think you are efforting into this too early. The models are not going to look good there right now. Take a look at KLCK for a visual example.
But if you respect authors attribution, and thus you are within the GPL letter to use those models to use as you seem fit. I (or no-one) have any right to tell you how you want to use those GPL models.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

Return to “Scenery Development”