FlightGear's bending/slanting runways/taxiways

Building new buildings, airports, mowing lawn on runways ... all that kind of things to create the world
IM-RAN

FlightGear's bending/slanting runways/taxiways

Postby IM-RAN » Mon May 16, 2016 7:26 am

Even though I am off-season, I am just a little concerned. Is it possible for making bending/ or actually slanting. Or whatever you wanna call it, a runway or taxiway which changes its elevation at some points. A bended or slanting path.

I am curious if it is possible to make it. I hear X-Plane has that feature and as we also use WED is it possible for us to make it. By changing some thing in WED or something else

A curious question,
Thanks in advance,
IM-RAN

IAHM-COL

Re: FlightGear's bending/slanting runways/taxiways

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon May 16, 2016 2:47 pm

HI IMRAN
yes. FG can construct the runways with any needed slant.
But you dont do that in WED.
This is done during the FG Scenery construction (terragear)

https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=29377&p=282739&hilit=lukla#p282739
see this examples in Lukla (by D-ECHO) where terragear is properly configured to hill the runway:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IM-RAN

Postby IM-RAN » Mon May 16, 2016 3:04 pm

So you are basically, I assume, editing the elevation data while generating in Terragear. Another question is it also applicable for the taxiways.

And by the way, SH-M told me you know how to setup Terragear, in a virtual box running Linux OS.
Is it possible in Windows, just an option, cause I don't think another OS in my low rated box of cables and fans can run it.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon May 16, 2016 5:09 pm

No idea how to set up terragear on Windows.
And yes. terragear builds all content, including taxiways

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IM-RAN

Postby IM-RAN » Mon May 16, 2016 5:30 pm

Great! Let me see, I once went past a post describing Terragear for Windows. And I hope you have a guide to start me up with Terragear on Linux Virtual Machine. :| :mrgreen:

Btw, I maybe finishing VILH, if possible by tomorrow, :D and also could you ask SM to assign me a new airport, cause I don't know when I am going to be popping up again between my studies :ugeek:

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon May 16, 2016 6:23 pm

IM-RAN wrote:
Btw, I maybe finishing VILH, if possible by tomorrow, :D and also could you ask SM to assign me a new airport, cause I don't know when I am going to be popping up again between my studies :ugeek:

Sweet :D
But keep yourself well administered. Dont let you school grades to drop :P
Let SHM assign you a new airport when you drop us the VILH (so we don't overload you)

Way to go!
IH-COL

R.M.S.

Return to “Scenery Development”