WWI and WWII era scenery

Building new buildings, airports, mowing lawn on runways ... all that kind of things to create the world
bomber

WWI and WWII era scenery

Postby bomber » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:14 pm

Is there anyone interested in creating such....

So as we can run online combat events ?
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

IAHM-COL

Re: WWI and WWII era scenery

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:34 pm

lesbof had made some, and certainly likes the topic.

If GPL I could create topic branches for terraGIT too

https://github.com/FGMEMBERS-SCENERY-NONGPL/LFGG-fg-CustomScenery
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

bomber

Postby bomber » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:37 pm

I'm not looking to restrict someone into using GPL...
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:01 pm

Neither should you. Not what I meant.

I pointed you to some of the content and the people that are interested in what you've asked. That's all.

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

bomber

Postby bomber » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:28 pm

Lesbof and I go way back..... Well before we came to FG.

He see's me as the son of Satan... And he's a plane developer.

I'm looking for a terrain modeler.

Simon.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:42 pm

Haha
I did not know who your father is! :D

OK. Let's see who else pops up interested in this. I'm short of time atm, but later I'll be able to do terragear work for sceneries with ancient airport layouts, simplified lanclasses for smaller cities and larger forest and greenspaces, and reduced road-networks too. Again, I would not look for forcing anyone to do GPL work, but I'll volunteer only for GPL work. Hopefully that does not mean we get in a pickle.

Best,
IH

R.M.S.

bomber

Postby bomber » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:48 pm

Cheers...

If like you someone want to provide GPL content that's ok...equally its ok if someone wants a C.C license on their work or even more restrictive say FG usage only.

I'll accept a gift of content by an author using whatever licence they prefer... with the understanding and permissions to distribute and use in FG.

I understand there are those people that refuse to contemplate even the idea of mixed licence content and as such refuse to provide any assistance.... And that's their choice. I would juat like to deliver the best terrain experience for those participating in an event as for them its of no concern if one item of content is GPL and another CC.

Simon.

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:01 pm

bomber wrote:I'm not looking to restrict someone into using GPL...

Well the original FS-WWI scenery models were a collaboration with Mossie and ArgonV when Mossie was doing work with Fighter Squadron WWI back in 2004-2008. I've kept them as non commercial as part of ArgonV's concerns were the work of past FS-WWI artists who've either passed away or completely moved on and are nigh well impossible to contact.

I'm of the opinion that Jason, ( ArgonV) might be amenable to changing the EULA to GPL. But you would have to get this ball rolling. I keep this work alive because FS-WWI is pretty awesome in it's old clunky OPENGL2 way. Also, didn't Mossie have a ton of scenery objects made up for Richthofen's Skies?

Simon you misunderstand me. I don't think you're the Son of Sam. It's just you just have a way of communicating that tends to shred my patience. I all too well remember the salad days of TargetWare's forum and the famous Stigler and Bomber discussions.

I wonder if Stig is still around? :lol:

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:04 pm

IAHM-COL wrote:Haha
I did not know who your father is! :D

OK. Let's see who else pops up interested in this. I'm short of time atm, but later I'll be able to do terragear work for sceneries with ancient airport layouts, simplified lanclasses for smaller cities and larger forest and greenspaces, and reduced road-networks too. Again, I would not look for forcing anyone to do GPL work, but I'll volunteer only for GPL work. Hopefully that does not mean we get in a pickle.

Best,
IH

LIKE!

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:22 pm

If Simon hasn't already seen this. This video was recorded in FG, flying from the aerodrome in Belfort Chaux ( Sergamany) near Belfort that I created using FS-WWI artwork.

Return to “Scenery Development”