the farm

Building new buildings, airports, mowing lawn on runways ... all that kind of things to create the world
IAHM-COL

Re: the farm

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:48 pm

Thanks SM

About resource management. Usually not a problem of linux, whose kernel has rather smart scheduling paradygms.

but it will keep it lean for I to maintain and manage.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:15 pm

and the stooge spoke again:

https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic. ... 15#p312012
Thorsten wrote:I've heard the claim of seamlessness before and it was wrong before. And unless they have control over the FG core and FGData, they can't even theoretically ensure that it's future-proof (I guess we mean different things by that then - from some discussions I know it's much more involved than one would think).

Edit: Anyway - if anyone has scenery which fits the quality standards defined for terrasync, it seems to me it'd be in the interest of the FG community to request to merge it to terrasync so that it can be enjoyed by all users rather than keep it on some other repository. Whereas if the scenery actually does not fit the quality standards, it seems dishonest to claim that it does.

Control?!

Big clown!!
Last time I knew FlightGear Flight Simulator was a piece of GPL'd FREE SOFTWARE

Let's see what Free Software Foundation has to say about "control" in Free Software
http://www.fsf.org/about
As our society grows more dependent on computers, the software we run is of critical importance to securing the future of a free society. Free software is about having control over the technology we use in our homes, schools and businesses, where computers work for our individual and communal benefit, not for proprietary software companies or governments who might seek to restrict and monitor us.

I'm sure that skips your brain skillz... Not my problem.

And about your edit. No I am not interested in requesting a merge. The FG community at large ALREADY has FGMEMBERS-TerraGIT fully available for its usage. About if it fits or not some sort of quality Standards, I don't know, nor care to know.

terraGIT ships WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:25 pm

Is it not so that if someone wants some GPL software he sucks it in himself? Not that the owner has to push it all over the world to the people in need?

Kind regards, Vincent

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:05 pm

well yes.
In fact.

But that's a little bit of a selfish way of seeing it. It reminds me of some developers that avoid sending a merge request to lets say an FGMEMBERS aircraft with the hope that they "Control" some of its improvements' distribution.
Sending a merge request is kind and open and invites collaborative environments.

I support that.

As a matter of fact, I had offered many times to the core developers for them to implement FGDATA with submodules AND TERRAGIT in their wealth of content. (So many times indeed that I --and SHM-- suffered banning from their infrascture, including forums and devel.list)

I had failed to succeed on every single time of these invitations, because for them it is all a matter of control. Neither FGMEMBERS nor FGMEMBERS-TerraGIT offer platforms designed with control in mind.

More importantly, they have mentioned they are unsure on how to implement and merge this content in the big picture of FG. I, instead, have a clear idea of how that is done,. It would take me matter of hours to do so. The only need I have is that they give me push access to some of their infrastructure, and then sit back and enjoy it.

The answer has been: Thanks, but not, everytime

See ALL of this thread: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=520

So, that's that. It is not about: Come and get it, even if you are unsure. It's been about their showing power over decisions and how they affect everyone. They've gone as far as attempting to deprecate Functionality with the hope to render some work useless to legacy.

Sometimes I think those core developers, and Thorsten as their spokesman are sick people

R.M.S.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:55 pm

HAhah

Hahaah

The "bullshit artists" Parade

https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic. ... 2&start=15
wkitty wrote:while it may strike many as absurd, the last time the world was generated, it ran for 6 or 8 months or more...

What you say, totally Strikes as absurd

Really? Did you do it? and it took you that long?
The last time I generate it took significantly less than that.

I guess Marvin was a farm??

Wkitty wrote: when the new stuff is ready and released, the old scenery may not work at all...

So much for good programming practices!

R.M.S.

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:00 am

Hi IAHM-COL,

Ah there we have it. I am easy going, saying: It's there to get for free. But you also want to go to great lengths to help them out. And then you get this:

IAHM-COL wrote:I had failed to succeed on every single time of these invitations, because for them it is all a matter of control.

This could become a good hit single "Control over Quality" as we had "Mind over matter". But the content of that song is not excactly equal to this situation. Maybe "I want my MTV" matches better.

Kind regards, Vincent

SHM

Postby SHM » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:46 am

Well this isn't the first time kitty said something stupid. So nothing new.

And why the ... can't they understand that their system is broken and needs to be fixed ASAP instead they talk about this WS3 which would who knows how much time it will take. Try to fix what is broken or provide an intermediate solution for the users! Instead trying to lure people away with the so called 'official' propoganda. :P
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

Return to “Scenery Development”