Not so smart calculated ALS clouds

Talking about the core development, vent steam ... censoring free but no guarantee, "they" will listen.
KL-666

Not so smart calculated ALS clouds

Postby KL-666 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:21 pm

When i fly fl 200-300 high above thick clouds, they can cripple me to 5 fps. That is fine with me, because i oversee some 100 miles of such clouds.

But when i descend into the clouds at 2000 ft and lower below the clouds in thick rain, i hardly see 1 mile ahead. Yet the clouds still cripple me to 5 fps. So the best assumption i can make is that ALS keeps calculating clouds for 100 miles, even though i only see 1 mile ahead. That is rather inefficient programming.

Kind regards, Vincent

IAHM-COL

Re: Not so smart calculated ALS clouds

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:49 am

in addition that if the computing is cheapening your fps that much, not matter what, there's some inefficient programming going on.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:09 pm

I think even hammerstone smurf has admitted that there are better approaches to rendering, I get down to the low teens with heavy clouds, although I do miss the rain and snow shaders I'll assume the precipitation effects are back with some new bugs attached?

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:07 pm

LesterBoffo wrote:I'll assume the precipitation effects are back

Well, outside views show rain drops flashing by. The cockpit view shows me something resembling thick fog while flying in rain.

Kind regards, Vincent

Return to “Core Development”