World Scenery with Submodules

Talking about the core development, vent steam ... censoring free but no guarantee, "they" will listen.
legoboyvdlp

Re: World Scenery with Submodules

Postby legoboyvdlp » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:44 pm

My advice to Israel is that if he has a good idea, just go do it. Let the results speak for themselves. Don't try to play politics or generate arguments or submarine other people's efforts in favor of your own ideas. His approach is adversarial and his own words make clear his feelings towards the long time contributors and founders of FlightGear. Israel, if you have a mountain you want to climb, please climb it and plant your flag at the top. But please don't try to yank other people down from their own climbing efforts. It just doesn't make any sense at all in the context of a collaborate open-source project.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:58 pm

So we reach the point, Thorsten threatens to pull his past developments?
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:02 pm

luckily not yet.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:04 pm

we ve got to the point that Curtis-Hito is blaming me for all the communication misfires. But just there so far.

Curtis Olson wrote:Hooray, you are suggesting that there is a useful conversation to be had here. You are correct. Too bad the developers have to wade through statements like the following. It makes it hard to move forward when these sorts of things are being said about us:

me wrote:Israel wrote:
Facepalm
That is curtis. He is scared to know he is the stupid one, once again.
He was given a chicken brain, so I feel sorry for the Emperor.
It does not mean we will not do it. It means he closes his eyes shut to see better... inside his fears.

Sorry, Thorsten, you are wrong, as it is usual.

First of all; there is no reason for me to act like a criminal, when the criminal minds are Curtis and Thorsten.

Stuart is among the most jealous Curtis' Forum moderators.

I have flat out deleted a couple really nasty emails that Israel sent me directly. For my own sanity ... maybe now it would be nice to have them so people could see even more of the kinds of statements that unmeasured and irresponsible speech can lead to. Sadly, if Israel did have a good idea, he has attacked and attempted to discredit the very people he needs to converse with. He has disqualified himself from the conversation and has done so repeatedly with increasing intensity.

My advice to Israel is that if he has a good idea, just go do it. Let the results speak for themselves. Don't try to play politics or generate arguments or submarine other people's efforts in favor of your own ideas. His approach is adversarial and his own words make clear his feelings towards the long time contributors and founders of FlightGear. Israel, if you have a mountain you want to climb, please climb it and plant your flag at the top. But please don't try to yank other people down from their own climbing efforts. It just doesn't make any sense at all in the context of a collaborative open-source project.

Curt.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:08 pm

Well well well, since King Curttries to make money via crowd funding now, he can't afford, people read what is really going on. Who would put money in a project that is led the way, he does it? So, there appears to be an urgent financial need for naming scapegoats.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

SHM

Postby SHM » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:15 pm

Well Curt seems to have quoted what you've said in this forum but not this.

IAHM-COL wrote:see this for example

http://wiki.flightgear.org/FGMEMBERS

Does this means that FGMEMBERS does not exist, or does this mean they know this is so much better than their choice is terribly endangered for being technically useless and thus can't be left on a fair comparison?

Blocking the sun with a finger

FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

SHM

Postby SHM » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:44 pm

legoboyvdlp wrote:Honestly SHM, that's enough. You won't get anywhere by posting things like that.

While he quoted everything bad Israel had said, he didn't bother to quote the logical side of what he said. So, I thought that it would be better if I showed the people on the other forum who don't visit here the nice side of him.
Take the case where a person comes and reads what was quoted by Curt, what would he think about Israel? Put yourself in the place of Israel and see.

@Lego
You can never pick a side can you? You seem to post good about us here and there you go and trash us. Same goes when you wanted your plane to get into fgaddon you were nice to them and got it in.

This is what you said on the topic of removal of Israel and Jwocky
legoboyvdlp » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:02 am wrote:What the....
Goodbye.

7 months later you're still there.

I don't think I've to explain my actions to you anymore. A person having anything inside their head will get it.

Sorry, if it offends you but this is the truth. :(

SHM
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

SHM

Postby SHM » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:50 pm

Richard wrote:As I understand it TerraGit is an alternative distribution channel, which can be editted. This solves one problem and creates another. It fixes the unreliability in terrasync since the google code closure last year, but this is actively under development for a much better scheme anyway, and you can always get via terramaster or terafs the whole lot anyway. The problem it creates is divergence, there are a lot of scenery models ready for the next build of the scenery but at the moment this is also under development; and then there's WS3.0 on the horizon, so any changes made not via the standard methods will require manual effort to get into an alternative repository.

I don't see how TerraGit is going to fix these airports, unless someone edits them, in which case you can just drop them into your scenery folder.

The massive underlying complicated and difficult problem of scenery generation is merely complicated or worsened by divergence. Last update placed WS3.0 as 18 months away, personally I think it's worth the wait, and generally I just choose the nice places to fly in the interim.
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:13 pm

@Lego
You can never pick a side can you? You seem to post good about us here and there you go and trash us. Same goes when you wanted your plane to get into fgaddon you were nice to them and got it in.

Sorry to offend you, but that is all wrong.

1. I never thrashed you. While I use FGMEMBERS by choice and like it a lot better, sometimes certain prople here just go a little beyond. Israel is my good friend, but I am sure he knows that I don't quite agree with his more radical viewpoint of ''king Curt''. Curt is a nice person, but on the other hand, he clearly overstepped himself in that ''removal''. Thorsten is a wizard in coding, but argumentative and condescending. Stuart is a nice person until he puts his mod hat on.

2. So what? I wanted my plane in FGADDON. I developed it with major help from D-ECHO, remember? It was my own plane to decide where to put! And please show me where I was 'nice to them'. As far as I remember, all I did was ask how I could get it into FGADDON.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

SHM

Postby SHM » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:16 pm

Not getting into it more. Just leave it.

SHM
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

Return to “Core Development”