MD-80s, MD-90 Development

Everything in connection with developing aircraft for FlightGear
KL-666

Re: MD-80s, MD-90 Development

Postby KL-666 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:05 pm

I only used the "ready for take-off" button as it looks most like "auto start". It takes quite some time to start now, but on other hand, i do not need to select flaps anymore. There is just a little bug. The flight director comes up on the left horizon, and the f/d switch does nothing. So i can not get rid of that distraction on my horizon.

Kind regards, Vincent

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:41 pm

@KL-666
Ready for taxi is the same as Ready for takeoff without flaps being set, spoilers being armed, or trim being set for takeoff.
It takes time, because of the way I simulated the engines. I am planning to decrease that time soon.
Keep in mind, this is a panel state, not an autostart ;)

Yup, it appears I made a typo in the left horizon when I changed the prop for the new ITAF hierarchy!
the non-rembrandt FD bars were never set to unselect!

Fixed. Pls redownload.

Enjoy!
J

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:56 am

Okay a status update:

I need a break from the A320Family engine stuff, so time for more work on this plane:
Here is my planned changes for the next short time:
Fix a few minor things with the engine system (startup/shutdown simulation)
Implement proper handling of fuel switches into Panel States depending on fuel load config
Begin work on hydraulic, pneumatic systems
A nice new overhead map of text/lines/indication I hope will be available soon, and I can then add more 3D switches to the Overhead, allowing more systems depth

Also:
I am overhauling the lift/drag for the wing/flaps. They are not correct. (See the low Pitch Attitude, and problems slowing with flaps < 28)
Also Dial a Flap can be made, as I already use a custom flap system
The MCP will be much improved, as it has some realism/functionality problems right now

I am very excited to be showing these updates to you as they released. I hope to make a study level simulation at some point.

Bye,
Josh

Return to “Aircraft Development”