MD-80s, MD-90 Development

Everything in connection with developing aircraft for FlightGear
Octal450

Re: MD-80s, MD-90 Development

Postby Octal450 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:50 pm

Yes. I keep all my repos even with FGMEMBERS.

May I just ask that you confirm the slats up? I have a slats indicator in the works for the analog, but he is not ready. You can confirm it by looking the flaps indicator on the pedestal (Observer view helps), Or Debug --> Internal Properties --> controls --> flight --> slats = 0

Thanks
J

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:08 pm

I just pushed a fix to the analog ATT and HSI instruments, having wrong props.

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:24 pm

Well, whatever you did, the crazy rolls at 300+ ft are gone. I like that so the plane is flyable. It has quite a good flch and general flight characteristics. One thing i noticed is that heading select does not show on the ils-instrument yellow bug. Just a detail, the plane flies good now.

Kind regards, Vincent

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:06 am

@KL-666
I completely rewrote the HDG-Target Roll system :) That must have fixed it. Great to know!
I actually fixed that today, as the new autopilot version (78 or later) used new properties. If you redownload, and try again, it should be working. Otherwise, please report.

Technicalities:
The MD-80 uses aerodynamically driven flight controls. At low speeds, the controls are very sluggish. At high speeds, they are decently responsive. This is due to the high speeds causing the aileron to deflect more, from the same input, from the control tab. To adjust for this, I retuned the PIDs for less output noise, and more consistent input. It still needs some work at high speeds, but it's quite good right now.

Glad you enjoy!
Josh

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:00 pm

Hi Josh,

Everything is just fine with the 82 at the moment. just that i can not use my stick button definitions for spoilers. they work with every other plane. Here they are:

Code: Select all

<button n="5">
  <desc>Decrease speedbrake</desc>
  <binding>
   <command>property-assign</command>
   <property>/controls/flight/speedbrake</property>
   <value>0</value>
  </binding>
 </button>

<button n="8">
  <desc>Increase speedbrake</desc>
  <binding>
   <command>property-assign</command>
   <property>/controls/flight/speedbrake</property>
   <value>1</value>
  </binding>
 </button>

If you still have time to look into it, would be nice. Else bad luck for me. It's just that stick buttons are more easy to find quickly while in landing.

Kind regards, Vincent

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:03 pm

Okay. I'll add that as soon as I have some time.

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:35 pm

An update: The first progress will be the Over head will get a whole new texture, containing the whole markings of everything. I am hoping @chad3006 will be able to make another lovely texture for me. :D

In the mean time, I am working to create the pneumatics, engine, and hydraulic systems. I also will improve the electrical system a bit.

The aircraft will only be startable by MD-XX menu, QuickStart, until the overhead texture is complete, then I can add the switches, and link them to the system. Then hopefully, we will have ability to manual start following a real world procedure!!!

However, first I am going to complete the pedestal, with the missing trim stuff, and dial a flap (yes, it will be working!), fixing the radio panel, adding XPNDR (also working), and add/fix autobreak.

I hope you will enjoy these updates. (if you have any other suggestions, please advise to me!)

@KL-666
Before I add that in, if you add that, does it work? If not, I might have to switch some props around which control the spoilers.

Best Regards,
Josh

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:26 am

I am implementing a system soon to MD-88, MD-90, and A320Family. (possibly more)

This system allows many advances.

The new Aircraft Config dialog allows:
Changing Livery
Loading fuel/payload (not implemented yet)
Loading Panel States (cold and dark, ready for taxi, etc...) (in progress)
Aircraft Help and Training (not implemented yet)
Ground Services (will be in main dialog soon)
Changing aircraft settings (retrofit, INS vs FMS (when available), autobreak available, etc)
Loading aircraft settings from livery (so livery makers can put the options the real plane has, and when that livery is selected, those options become active

And more.

Panel states will only work on planes that I develop solo, as I build the systems to work with panel states. (MD-88/90 A320Family)

The basic dialog is here. However, more buttons and options will be added not long from now.
All 4 Panel states are working!

I am planning to make Ground Services, and possibly Select livery available in this box, without another click to pop them up.

I also have made a BRAND NEW engine system for YaSim. The plane can more or less be manually started somewhat realistically. (still alot of work to do, but whats there, does work correctly, and realistically.)

Will be pushed in less than 2 hours from this post.

Regads,
Josh

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:53 am

OK It's pushed.

Guys Please download, and advise me how it works. I hope no bugs.

May I dare say the first FGFS aircraft with loadable panel states? :)

Thanks
Josh

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:09 am

that looks cool
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

Return to “Aircraft Development”