A340-313X

Everything in connection with developing aircraft for FlightGear
jwocky
Site Admin

A340-313X

Postby jwocky » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:01 pm

Hi,

I have, always under FG 2016.1.1 and only with this plane after a few minutes a segfault-crash. Did anybody observe similar problems?

Also, it appears if the plane is light (only about 30% of payload), there is just not enough weight on the nosewheel and she races consequently off the runway during take-off.

Can someone check to see whether it's maybe something on my installation?
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

Octal450

Re: A340-313X

Postby Octal450 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:49 pm

jwocky wrote:Hi,

I have, always under FG 2016.1.1 and only with this plane after a few minutes a segfault-crash. Did anybody observe similar problems?

Also, it appears if the plane is light (only about 30% of payload), there is just not enough weight on the nosewheel and she races consequently off the runway during take-off.

Can someone check to see whether it's maybe something on my installation?

Can you tell me what errors are in the console? i am now maintaining that plane since Andino quit, so if you could show the console, I can help you! Make sure you are having the latest:

http://www.github.com/FGMEMBERS/A340-313X

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:24 pm

Hi ItOuchpods!

I had nothing from the plane in the console. But I had some messages about a tower not found in KJFK. So I tried from KPHX and she flies now for hours. So, it was probably the airport. So far the good news
The not so good news are:

1.) She has on the runway not enough weight on the nose wheel. That is what makes her so iffy to control. Once she catches the first bit of lift and is light, she is virtually uncontrollable till she is in the air. I suspect, the CoG is a little bit too far in the front.

2.) I tried to fly her with the route manager from Phoenix to KJFK. She lost after a while a way point, just missed it and went straight out in the blue. After that, there is no way to get her back. I can switch the A/P off and fly manually, but that's it. She goes neither back to the route, nor does she respond setting her to heading or GPS courses. LNAV off doesn't change anything. She appears to react on VOR Nav with LOC but only if she gets very near to the course. I haven't tested yet whether I just fly her inirectly with GPS (getting the magnetic heading out of the GPS and then set it from hand in the cockpit). There is maybe something wrong with the route manager or between RM and A/P.

The version I have was downloaded today with a whole FGDATA update.

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:30 pm

jwocky wrote:Hi ItOuchpods!

I had nothing from the plane in the console. But I had some messages about a tower not found in KJFK. So I tried from KPHX and she flies now for hours. So, it was probably the airport. So far the good news
The not so good news are:

1.) She has on the runway not enough weight on the nose wheel. That is what makes her so iffy to control. Once she catches the first bit of lift and is light, she is virtually uncontrollable till she is in the air. I suspect, the CoG is a little bit too far in the front.

2.) I tried to fly her with the route manager from Phoenix to KJFK. She lost after a while a way point, just missed it and went straight out in the blue. After that, there is no way to get her back. I can switch the A/P off and fly manually, but that's it. She goes neither back to the route, nor does she respond setting her to heading or GPS courses. LNAV off doesn't change anything. She appears to react on VOR Nav with LOC but only if she gets very near to the course. I haven't tested yet whether I just fly her inirectly with GPS (getting the magnetic heading out of the GPS and then set it from hand in the cockpit). There is maybe something wrong with the route manager or between RM and A/P.

The version I have was downloaded today with a whole FGDATA update.

Yes I know there are some issues with it, would you mind trying this with the A340-600HGW? It has a little bit of a more advanced A/P system, and if that works, I gonna transfer that to the 313X.

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:15 am

I'm not in New York yet, but the 340-600HGW follows the route so far (far beyond the point where the 313X went off course). When I switch LNAV off, I can set HDG and she reacts and back to LNAV, she goes back on track.
The wild part was right after taking off, she didn't want to climb on A/P. With an Airbus, I have to use always V/S? They can't do climb by ALT or only above a certain Altitude? I have not much Airbus experience.

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:09 am

They do, but the basic AP in the Andino A340 and A320-family does not model that.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:11 am

Okay ... so what is the plan? Taking the one from the 600HGW and put it in the 313X? And if possible put the ALT hold climb in?

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:34 am

Sounds good :)

As for ALT HOLD, that's to hold ALT, while in reality they use FLCH type of a thing... set speed, then pull ALT knob for OP CLB. Thrust will be set to CLB THRUST and the aircraft will use pitch to maintain speed.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:54 am

Actually you are both wrong -- it0uchpods Hanger will be adapting the A330 A/P to the A340s :) Stay tuned.

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:32 pm

Hey ItOuchpods,

thanks for the info. So I lean back and wait what happens. That is good for me because I am still short on time. ;-)

J.

Return to “Aircraft Development”