KC-137R family project

Everything in connection with developing aircraft for FlightGear
J Maverick 16

Re: KC-137R ATAARS project, need some help.

Postby J Maverick 16 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:32 pm

it0uchpods wrote:BUGS:
Livery select is broken.
Sometimes the number 2 engine is disapeare.
Autopilot LNAV mode disengages randomly.
Engines are NOT UVmapped.

- It happens with some livs which are made badly (by my side), or there's a bug in the code.
- I know that's weird, fortunately sometimes it returns! :D
- I know it, I've nearly fell from the sky to day... (this happened before I crashed an old version of it near the Malaysian coast several minutes ago).
- Engines also need a better modeling in the rear part and yes, they need to be mapped to another png file which ain't the livery. Also, they need contrails for both high and low altitudes (like FGUK's C-17 for example).
Regards, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (current project: F-16).
Using Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack.
Follow me also on Instagram & Twitter @j_maverick16, Google+ and YouTube.

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:37 pm

J Maverick 16 wrote:- It happens with some livs which are made badly (by my side), or there's a bug in the code.
- I know that's weird, fortunately sometimes it returns! :D
- I know it, I've nearly fell from the sky to day... (this happened before I crashed an old version of it near the Malaysian coast several minutes ago).
- Engines also need a better modeling in the rear part and yes, they need to be mapped to another png file which ain't the livery. Also, they need contrails for both high and low altitudes (like FGUK's C-17 for example).
Regards, Mav

I will post as I fix things

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:25 pm

3 of the 4 issues are fixed. I will address the AP later.

1) Livery folder name was wrong, causing the liveries to not "be there". Fixed issue 1.
2) There are two engine types, right now they are both CFM LEAP X, but they were PWs or RRs. When you put a livery it defines the engine to load. I added this to the set file, as well as using USAF as the default livery, Fixing issue 2.
4) For now, I have made the engines a gray color, once a new PNG is found, we can UVmap it instead.

Photo of aircraft right after starting FGFS. No livery changes or button presses except V to get heli view.

Issues verified resolved on KC-137R and KC-137R-RT. Pushed to GIT.

I recieved a suggestion to add the EC-137D model and make the EC-137R. Permission to go ahead?

I will from now on push to my fork first, then merge into yours once it is stable. http://www.github.com/it0uchpods/KC-137R
JMaverick16 has push access.

J Maverick 16

Postby J Maverick 16 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:25 pm

Great you solved those bugs, thanks.

it0uchpods wrote:I recieved a suggestion to add the EC-137D model and make the EC-137R. Permission to go ahead?

It was originally included in the KC project but I decided to remove it 'cause I wanted to concentrate on the tanker model.
If you want to make the EC-137R do it but as a separate repo so it has nothing to do with the KC-137R.

Also, if you want to create it, you should add the front part you can see in tis pic:

Regards, Maverick

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (current project: F-16).

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:02 pm

TO fill in others: We found a way to add the EC-137R good. Should be pushed. Also special veiws like Operating Officer and AWCAS Officer are installed.

J Maverick 16

Postby J Maverick 16 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:33 am

Great!
Cheers, Mav

J Maverick 16

Postby J Maverick 16 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:09 pm

I don't want to overload you with work on this project but what if you add to the repo also the basic 707 with new engines and the other changes so we can add the RC-137R to the whole thing?

Surely it would need some more work so let's keep it as the last aircraft to work on if you want to add it.
Let me know... ;)
Regards, Mav

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:38 pm

J Maverick 16 wrote:I don't want to overload you with work on this project but what if you add to the repo also the basic 707 with new engines and the other changes so we can add the RC-137R to the whole thing?

Surely it would need some more work so let's keep it as the last aircraft to work on if you want to add it.
Let me know... ;)
Regards, Mav

OK, I take a looksee.

J Maverick 16

Postby J Maverick 16 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:53 pm

Trying out the tanker at PAED and found out this problem (identical to the one my previous version had) regarding the boom operator:

Probably a sort of light cone gone wild...
Regards, Mav

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:11 pm

J Maverick 16 wrote:Trying out the tanker at PAED and found out this problem (identical to the one my previous version had) regarding the boom operator:

Probably a sort of light cone gone wild...
Regards, Mav

Hmm, I never had that issue. I'll take a look. Maybe it was spawning at PAED that was the problem???

Was the aircraft started or not? Were the lights on or off?

Return to “Aircraft Development”