Autostart

Everything in connection with developing aircraft for FlightGear
Octal450

Autostart

Postby Octal450 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:02 pm

Hi guys, I am wondering how to add an autostart to an aircraft?

The 747SP in question launches in FGFS with the engines idling, and they can be shutdown with the levers on the pedestal. They active "/controls/engines/engine[X]/cutoff" Where X is engine 0 through 3. I guess the first step is to get the aircraft to launch with the engines off?

LesterBoffo

Re: Autostart

Postby LesterBoffo » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:46 pm

You need to check your -set file for any setting(s) in the <controls></controls> section for fuel, running, etc. There maybe a need to change the nasal calls in -set and their .nas files associated with autostart, and also settings in the Menu .xml/dialog or nasal folders.

It's going to not be easy, and could seriously break the FDM and or loading of the aircraft in FG.

Hope you know what you are doing.

Octal450

Re: Autostart

Postby Octal450 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:22 am

LesterBoffo wrote:You need to check your -set file for any setting(s) in the <controls></controls> section for fuel, running, etc. There maybe a need to change the nasal calls in -set and their .nas files associated with autostart, and also settings in the Menu .xml/dialog or nasal folders.

It's going to not be easy, and could seriously break the FDM and or loading of the aircraft in FG.

Hope you know what you are doing.

I do - but adding an Autostart it new for me. As for the FDM, A new one is being built as the current is absolutely horrible.

Return to “Aircraft Development”