DFW-CV

Everything in connection with developing aircraft for FlightGear
LesterBoffo

DFW-CV

Postby LesterBoffo » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:19 pm

Another WWI German 2-seater from the LesterWerks,

The DFW-CV, built in large numbers from late 1916 onwards, was a the mainstay of many IGAS Schlastas that were tasked with observation and bombing duties up until the signing of the Armistice. It was faster than most of the allied 2 seaters it encountered and could be equal in speed to some Allied fighters, it was nimble, had a good field of arc for the rear gunner, and was considered quite dangerous in the hands of an experienced and skilled crew.

Powered by the reliable and powerful Mercedes D-IIIa 160 HP engine, it was capable of 105 mph airspeed and could cruise for over 3 hours on a full tank of fuel, while carrying over 700 kilograms of armaments.

IAHM-COL

Re: DFW-CV

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:56 pm

I find biplanes so cool.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:14 pm

In effect, similar to the Bristol of the RFC -- a nimble, fairly speedy compared to others, all-round excellent two seated? Does it have a gun for the pilot, like the Bristol?
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:48 am

@Legoboy

Well it's several months earlier in service to the Brisfit, but it doesn't have the F2b's rate of roll. It has a forward fixed, synchronized 7.7mm gun. It's also a fair bit lighter with a semi monocoque plywood fuselage shell. It was one of the first WWI aircraft to have high aspect ratio wings, which helped it's climb and speed performance. I've flown against them in Over Flanders Fields WWI flight combat sim, they aren't to be trifled with when there's more than two, especially in a Lewis gunned Nieuport 16 or 17, they are actually more dangerous than an Albatros D.II. OFF's rear gunner AI is too accurate and deadly.

I'll keep the development on it updated, it's still needs much interior stuff.

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:54 am

Little bit of a progress report on the DFW CV, some interior work is done.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:13 pm

Gorgeous

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:26 pm

I would love to fly such vintage planes more. But i have big trouble seeing where i taxi with those noses up. One could say: take an exterior view when taxiing. But that would spoil exactly the charm of why i like simulators: you can operate them fully from the inside.

A good solution for my situation would be to have pop-your-head-out left and right views. I am thinking of two keys assigned to left and right.

Kind regards, Vincent

SHM

Postby SHM » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:31 pm

Try
Shift + left and Shift + right
not the "pop-head-out" view but allows you to turn your head left and right.
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:40 pm

KL-666 wrote:I would love to fly such vintage planes more. But i have big trouble seeing where i taxi with those noses up. One could say: take an exterior view when taxiing. But that would spoil exactly the charm of why i like simulators: you can operate them fully from the inside.

A good solution for my situation would be to have pop-your-head-out left and right views. I am thinking of two keys assigned to left and right.

Kind regards, Vincent

I certain planes the limited forward visibility is a real simulation of an annoying fact. Like in the p51d. The way they did it back then was zigzagin' taxiin'

R.M.S.

bomber

Postby bomber » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:43 pm

Reminds me of the gag of what the primary reason for the use of flaps is....... the majority don't have a clue.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

Return to “Aircraft Development”