747SP

Everything in connection with developing aircraft for FlightGear
N3266G

Re: 747SP

Postby N3266G » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:57 pm

Martien van der P. have you fixed the animations for the gear and control surfaces?
Image Image

aiannuzzi99

Postby aiannuzzi99 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:33 am

Martien van der P. wrote:Actually the default is already almost finished, only some white paint, the registration (N747SP), and the doors and windows are missing.

Btw: You maybe have noticed that the engine models aren't yet made livery selectable.

Yes I made doors and windows and put them in the paintkit, so just finish the deafult livery but don't add doors or windows as the default for the plane. But you can add them to that particular livery.

-ACI

aiannuzzi99

Postby aiannuzzi99 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:37 am

What I mean is don't add doors and windows to the 3D model because it is easier for me to just add them in when I'm done with a particular livery, instead of having to worry about if the windows are going to mess up the logos on the livery. But you can add the doors and windows to the default livery if you want, if you don't I can just add them, I have a whole template.

-ACI

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:08 am

OK here is the plann.

Martien: can you add Windows and Doors to the aircraft model???

Martien: Have you noticed one side of the aircraft where the wing connects looks different?

ACI: Please make the liveries without doors and windows

I am meantime working on that autopilot and adding more instruments.

aiannuzzi99

Postby aiannuzzi99 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:19 am

And if possible have it so that I can see the doors and windows while making the liveries.

-ACI

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:38 am

aiannuzzi99 wrote:And if possible have it so that I can see the doors and windows while making the liveries.

Well, you would have to implement that into the paintkit, which I hear you are working on?

I have started the cockpit revisions, I am replacing some instruments after finding they won't do what I WANT THEM TO BE DOING!!!

The FDM is very ugly! And for taxiing is not possible, it either doesn't turn enough, or goes the wrong way. I am not to good JSBsim, I'm better at YASIM, so I would need some time to figure something out here.

Martien van der P.

Postby Martien van der P. » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:55 am

it0uchpods wrote:OK here is the plann.

Martien: can you add Windows and Doors to the aircraft model???

Martien: Have you noticed one side of the aircraft where the wing connects looks different?

ACI: Please make the liveries without doors and windows

I am meantime working on that autopilot and adding more instruments.

I don't want to make the windows inside the model cause it could mess up the model (the model had first windows when it was a 747-200, then FGBR changed the 747-200 and made the windows solid instead of transparant but it was still possible to see were the windows were in the reflection of the aircraft (not nice) so I worked it away). The doors could be possible, but if you look at other aircraft (for explanation the 747-400) you'll notice that the the doors and windows are painted on the aircraft, I think that's the best way to go. And about the wing connection, I'm not sure what you exactly mean could you post a screenshot, and I'll solve it. And I'm also going to fix the gear animation today.

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:46 pm

Martien van der P. wrote:I don't want to make the windows inside the model cause it could mess up the model (the model had first windows when it was a 747-200, then FGBR changed the 747-200 and made the windows solid instead of transparant but it was still possible to see were the windows were in the reflection of the aircraft (not nice) so I worked it away).

That kind of makes sense, ACI will kill me. I did tell him to remove the Windows. :oops:

Martien van der P. wrote:The doors could be possible, but if you look at other aircraft (for explanation the 747-400) you'll notice that the the doors and windows are painted on the aircraft, I think that's the best way to go.

I agree.

Martien van der P. wrote:And about the wing connection, I'm not sure what you exactly mean could you post a screenshot, and I'll solve it.

I'll post in a little bit the pictures.

Martien van der P. wrote:And I'm also going to fix the gear animation today.

Great. Maybe if you have time also the flap animation?

I am starting work on the FDM. This is more difficult than usual, there is alot of problem! I may use the 747-123 FDM and modify that if possible, it is less rubbished!

Martien van der P.

Postby Martien van der P. » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:30 pm

Do whatever you want with the FDM, it doesn't matter if it's a YASim FDM, but I think the 747-123 FDM differs with the current 747SP FDM it's both "crap". And I'll try to do the flaps also.

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:55 pm

Martien van der P. wrote:Do whatever you want with the FDM, it doesn't matter if it's a YASim FDM, but I think the 747-123 FDM differs with the current 747SP FDM it's both "crap". And I'll try to do the flaps also.

Yah, but the 123 has a much better FDM than the SP right now, especially, it steers correct!

Return to “Aircraft Development”