AH-1W SuperCobra

Everything in connection with developing aircraft for FlightGear
bell_pilot

AH-1W SuperCobra

Postby bell_pilot » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:57 pm

I am a real Super Cobra pilot over 1500+ flight hours. I have MSc degree of Aerospace engineering, expert in flight mechanics and control. Till now i was using matlab/simulink for my models and simulations. Now i decide to migrate to FG.

I have full scaled 3D scanned AH-1W Solid CAD model (scanned and modelled by my own efforts). Also i have all technical and flight manuals. The most important thing is that i know how this beast fly. If some experienced developer supervise me or support me, we can make the most accurate rotorcraft model for FG community.

I hope "bomber" will be interested :D
Real Helicopter Pilot 1500+ flight hours
AB206,UH-1H,AH-1W
MSc. Aerospace Engineering

bomber

Re: AH-1W SuperCobra

Postby bomber » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:20 pm

I wondered if you'd pop in here....
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

bell_pilot

Postby bell_pilot » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:32 pm

bomber wrote:I wondered if you'd pop in here....

I am new in FG and trying to figure out what is going on with the communities. "S&J" finally told me about you and this forum, so i have pop in here. Did i make sthng wrong?
AB206,UH-1H,AH-1W

bomber

Postby bomber » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:00 pm

No... not at all

I'm not allowed to post over there but I keep my eye on the forum so I've kept up with your topic.

If you're going to do a jsbsim flight model I'd suggest you first establish the vehicles weight ballance, CoG and interia values.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

bell_pilot

Postby bell_pilot » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:15 pm

Thanks for your support and show me the way of where to start! Finally i heard something not about politics, arguments and licensing.
I am planing to do a jsbsim model. Could you provide me a blank data table so i can fill it up and gain some time?
AB206,UH-1H,AH-1W

bomber

Postby bomber » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:42 pm

Try the mass ballance odd file in the cobra rep

https://github.com/FGMEMBERS-NONGPL/AH- ... lculations

This is for the Scorpion, but should be a good starting point

bomber

Postby bomber » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:33 pm

Also as a 'heads up' I've encountered 'educated' folk before...... it's not gone well.

I've got nothing against what you've been taught, the assumptions for the convention that you've been taught uses, I don't use them....

I use AoA is king
I use Newtonian physics where ever possible

So I'll help as much as possible with JSBsim issues, but I suspect our flight models will diverge, as we're likely to be opposite sides of the same coin.

bomber

Postby bomber » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:35 pm

And also just so you know, if you post here, you're likely to get.

A) cold shoulder over on the other forum
B) told some fruity stuff about me

Some of it will be true, I'm not a great speller and my maths aint that good....

bell_pilot

Postby bell_pilot » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:05 pm

They will gonna ban me soon i guess. They cant understand the point cos' of the fighting about licenses. Whoever sold my work is his/her success, not mine. Cos' i couldnt sell and make bucks.
Bruh.. I dont care it. I just want to fly with my beast in FG.
AB206,UH-1H,AH-1W

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:19 am

Welcome to the Forum Bell_Pilot.
Best,
IH-COL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

Return to “Aircraft Development”