ASK13 T4T JSBSim model

Everything in connection with developing aircraft for FlightGear
D-ECHO

ASK13 T4T JSBSim model

Postby D-ECHO » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:33 pm

Hi,
I hope you read this, bomber/Simon.

Is there anything I am missing, or is the flight model from you in https://sourceforge.net/p/flightgear/fg ... aft/ASK13/ (the "T4T" variant) completely broken?

Regards
Echo

bomber

Re: ASK13 T4T JSBSim model

Postby bomber » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:49 pm

It could be, but it still works in Outerra so I'd guess it's one of FG updates over the last 3 years that's done it...

There was next to zero interest in pushing glider or for that matter flight model realism, especially with one that looks like mine.

No disrespect but you're the go to person for gliders in FG and you're only now asking. So I imagine if you've had it all this time it's right at the back in the dark gloomy corner of your hanger and not near the bright shinny doors.

I'll have a look see if I can resurrect it and update the files and then get someone to put it on that repository
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

D-ECHO

Postby D-ECHO » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:54 pm

Well, it's actually not in any corner nor a hangar, I am contributing directly to FGAddon there, so I also can push any updates you want me to push on later. Glad to hear that it seems only FGs progress and not a general flawed model. Would be happy to push it for you later on :)

bomber

Postby bomber » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:20 pm

ah that explains it.... this is FGAddon. never been there.

That's a GPL version, all later versions are CC, I'm the copyright owner of all my flight models so I can change them in that direction and did so.

This means subsequent updates FG rules don't allow you to put them there..... the alternative is to find where FG update broke them and do the simple fix... a bit of a ball ache, but as the core devs broke it, they should fix it.

Simon
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

D-ECHO

Postby D-ECHO » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:26 pm

Ah okay. Could by chance link me to a CC one so that I can quickly test fly and check the things I'm encountering is indeed broken and not intended?

bomber

Postby bomber » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:59 pm

https://github.com/FGMEMBERS-NONGPL/ASK13

This is an add-on.. so all you have to do is install it in your existing ask13 folder

D-ECHO

Postby D-ECHO » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:10 pm

Hey bomber,
I had a look at your newer FDM and it works fine, but I can't find what broke the other one as there are many too many differences. Would you be okay/happy with having the outdated FDM removed from the FGAddon version, it would be for me one less thing to maintain and for you good because people wouldn't have the first contact with a completely broken FDM labelled "T4T/Bomber" but instead maybe the FGMEMBERS-NONGPL addon.

bomber

Postby bomber » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:42 pm

Of course I'm ok with you doing that, thank you very much for doing it.

It's never been my intention to generate extra work for others.

Would it be possible to replace these files with a single file pointing to the FGmembers version for download ?

Regards

Simon.

D-ECHO

Postby D-ECHO » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:20 pm

Thanks Simon,

I'm not 100% sure people at FGAddon will be happy with having a link to FGMembers, but I'll just put it on and they can complain later if they feel they need to. Do you want something special? Else I'd just put in a README_T4T.md stating that the current version of the T4T FDM can be found in that repo.

Regards

bomber

Postby bomber » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:43 pm

I'm certain some people won't be happy.......

Your solution sounds the best for for the situation we find ourselves in.

Thank you for your work on this

Simon

Return to “Aircraft Development”