IDG Aircraft Naming

Everything in connection with developing aircraft for FlightGear
KL-666
Posts: 1602
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:42 am

Re: IDG A33X Professional Development

Postby KL-666 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:55 am

Wecsje wrote:IDG PR department


You do know what PR stands for? There is not much of a relation going to happen, if you basically tell people to shut up.

Another thing is that your logic is flawed. You say that if i do not do one thing (fly the plane), i am not allowed to discuss anything else (the intrinsic wrong use of a word like "professional"). There is no logical connection between them. One of the reasons for the existence of this forum, is to free people from the culture of shutting them up based on the false premise of meritocracy. I suppose you can understand that the manner of arguing you display in your post, may not be appreciated by everyone here.

And now on a lighter note. People who know me longer, may see the funny bit in this statement.

Wecsje wrote:mate, go fly this plane first, the proper way, that means following the green line (or magenta if you use the map)


If you had learned from the film "Children of the magenta", you would know that there is not one single proper way to fly under all circumstances.

Kind regards, Vincent

123apple
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:17 pm

Re: IDG A33X Professional Development

Postby 123apple » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:20 am

KL-666 wrote:Another thing is that your logic is flawed. You say that if i do not do one thing (fly the plane), i am not allowed to discuss anything else (the intrinsic wrong use of a word like "professional"). There is no logical connection between them. One of the reasons for the existence of this forum, is to free people from the culture of shutting them up based on the false premise of meritocracy. I suppose you can understand that the manner of arguing you display in your post, may not be appreciated by everyone here.


Feel free by all means to discuss anything, we however would really appreciate it if you would fly it, after all, you are quite experienced as a pilot, and can maybe tell us where we have made mistakes. :)

And now on a lighter note. People who know me longer, may see the funny bit in this statement.
If you had learned from the film "Children of the magenta", you would know that there is not one single proper way to fly under all circumstances.


:lol: :lol: :D :D
I agree with you there for once. For instance, the AA 757 at Cali practically followed a magenta line into a mountain. (more complicated than that, but essentially they went the wrong way, and did not realize it until too late, even with a magenta line going to Bogota, several hundred KM away.

User avatar
Wecsje
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:25 pm
Location: The Closet, Under the Stairs, the Netherlands

Re: IDG A33X Professional Development

Postby Wecsje » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:04 pm

@KL-666

Think what you like, since you don't fly our planes, it doesn't matter.

IDG will make no further comments on this.

Regards,

Charlie (Wecsje)
IDG
-retired from FG-
Contact methods: Discord (Wecsje#6351), FG Community Discord (https://discord.gg/DW23dnf), Steam (Wecsje)
Track me on VATSIM: https://vatstats.net/pilots/1397313

User avatar
IAHM-COL
Posts: 5619
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: Homey, NV (KXTA) - U.S.A
Contact:

Re: IDG A33X Professional Development

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:39 pm

I also agree with KL666 that the meaning of the word "Professional" is an over statement here, and it could be understood as deviant I'll intended, with the purpose of deceive. I am certain such deception is not what IDG intended to. But now the impulsive defense of "Professional" as the correct qualifier becomes suspicious of a more deep reasoning to use such word. Is it really "Professional"?, Or is IDG having ulterior motives to call a non professional product as such? Those questions arise more for the reactions of the IDG itself; which even included responses of their public relationship department, in a non conciliatory term...

I might had felt compelled to echo KL666 voice, but then again

1. I either had not fly these Professional Developments yet. So I'll be just as much shut off (which had not have great results in the FG community before)

And 2. I have less flight hours cumulative in FG to KL666 in the order of thousand of hours.

Best regards
IHCOL
R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it? Probably not, because if they don’t recognise their freedoms, they’ll let their freedoms fall

User avatar
it0uchpods
Posts: 2096
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:47 am
Location: A far corner of my room.
Contact:

Re: IDG Aircraft Naming

Postby it0uchpods » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:18 pm

Hi IAHM-COL
I repeat myself earlier, it's just a name.

But let me try to show this from my point of view:
1) I spend now almost a year in secret developing this plane and the A32X
2) I post it, finally public, and I get criticism about the *name of the forum thread*.

This is a very bad thing for myself, and I get rather upset.

Here is the goal of the IDG-A3XX project: to create a study level simulation, complete with a full FMGS (with full SID/STAR, Alt/Spd predictions/VNAV/etc), MCDU, deep systems simulation. So I labelled it this way.

I'm sorry if you feel that is not right, but this simulation will be *the first* in FlightGear airliners to go this level of detail. (AFAIK) and I want to differentiate ourselves.

I see many people developing for FSX and such create stuff with a name such as that. Is IDG not allowed to do this because it is offered for free, instead of 50$ or something? Would you feel happier if I asked for 50$?

So what do you suggest I call it then, which showes the different level at a first glance.

So, seeing how this topic is no-longer about the A33X itself, I've renamed this topic now. So, as with the A32X, please see the official forums for updates regarding the aircraft.

Kind Regards,
Josh
IDG
it0uchpods/WTF411

FlightGear Aircraft Developer
Lead Programmer at the it0uchpods Design Group
Download High Quality Aircraft from it0uchpods Hangar

User avatar
IAHM-COL
Posts: 5619
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: Homey, NV (KXTA) - U.S.A
Contact:

Re: IDG Aircraft Naming

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:35 pm

it0uchpods wrote:
I see many people developing for FSX and such create stuff with a name such as that. Is IDG not allowed to do this because it is offered for free, instead of 50$ or something? Would you feel happier if I asked for 50$?


Either they (FSX) are indeed a "Professional" development (which can actually be the case) or not. It has nothing to do with carrying a price tag, IMHO. If they are indeed a "Professional" development, then I think they are entitled to use that but you shouldn't feel it means you are also; unless your development is objectively also "Professional". On the other hand, if you know they are misusing the wording, this does not mean you should feel it is acceptable to do likewise. Would you agree?


it0uchpods wrote:So what do you suggest I call it then, which showes the different level at a first glance.


I find KL-666 Suggestion of HiFi (High-Fidelity) quite appealing :D

But if you dislike that; how about

it0uchpods wrote:A33x, study level simulation

or
it0uchpods wrote:A33x, deep systems simulation

or
it0uchpods wrote:A33x, complete, full FMGS simulation



it0uchpods wrote:So, seeing how this topic is no-longer about the A33X itself, I've renamed this topic now. So, as with the A32X, please see the official forums for updates regarding the aircraft.

Kind Regards,
Josh
IDG


I personally don't go there as I can not post nor track what I've read there. Unless I get a link to something of interest, which had been reduced significantly in the past months.

Best,
And thanks for developing HiFi planes,
IH-COL
R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it? Probably not, because if they don’t recognise their freedoms, they’ll let their freedoms fall

User avatar
it0uchpods
Posts: 2096
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:47 am
Location: A far corner of my room.
Contact:

Re: IDG Aircraft Naming

Postby it0uchpods » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:40 pm

Either they (FSX) are indeed a "Professional" development (which can actually be the case) or not. It has nothing to do with carrying a price tag, IMHO. If they are indeed a "Professional" development, then I think they are entitled to use that but you shouldn't feel it means you are also; unless your development is objectively also "Professional". On the other hand, if you know they are misusing the wording, this does not mean you should feel it is acceptable to do likewise. Would you agree?

I guess that makes sense.

The best is probably IDG A33X Study

I personally don't go there as I can not post nor track what I've read there. Unless I get a link to something of interest, which had been reduced significantly in the past months.

What do you mean by that?

Kind Regards,
Josh
it0uchpods/WTF411

FlightGear Aircraft Developer
Lead Programmer at the it0uchpods Design Group
Download High Quality Aircraft from it0uchpods Hangar

User avatar
IAHM-COL
Posts: 5619
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: Homey, NV (KXTA) - U.S.A
Contact:

Re: IDG Aircraft Naming

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:45 pm

it0uchpods wrote:The best is probably IDG A33X Study


That's O.K. but it lacks bombastics in my opinion 8-)

How about
IDG A33X Immersive Simulation Development

it0uchpods wrote:
I personally don't go there as I can not post nor track what I've read there. Unless I get a link to something of interest, which had been reduced significantly in the past months.

What do you mean by that?

Kind Regards,
Josh


I am surprised I need to remind you of, but here it is
https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=27457

Best,
IH-COL
R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it? Probably not, because if they don’t recognise their freedoms, they’ll let their freedoms fall

User avatar
it0uchpods
Posts: 2096
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:47 am
Location: A far corner of my room.
Contact:

Re: IDG Aircraft Naming

Postby it0uchpods » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:51 pm

That doesn't prevent you from reading there.

I stopped posting in the 32X thread because it appeared no-one cared.

Kind Regards,
Josh
it0uchpods/WTF411

FlightGear Aircraft Developer
Lead Programmer at the it0uchpods Design Group
Download High Quality Aircraft from it0uchpods Hangar

User avatar
IAHM-COL
Posts: 5619
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: Homey, NV (KXTA) - U.S.A
Contact:

Re: IDG Aircraft Naming

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:53 pm

we care. But we are a smaller community. Yet, admittedly more open-minded.

Also, I can read there, but I can't know what is new posts, or what I've read already. So getting a view of what's new an interesting nears impossible. and when the new and interesting drops significantly there, it makes no sense for me to visit such regulated place. Regulations castrate creativity (RCC, IH-COL trademark).

Best,
IH-COL
R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it? Probably not, because if they don’t recognise their freedoms, they’ll let their freedoms fall


Return to “Aircraft Development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest