Development updates and new plans

Everything in connection with developing aircraft for FlightGear
Octal450

Development updates and new plans

Postby Octal450 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:02 pm

Hi to all,

We have a few changes to the development of aircraft in the it0uchpods Hangar, that we would like to announce:

it0uchpods Design Group:
Since we have now started an aircraft, which is not an Airbus, we are rebranding as the it0uchpods Design Group. Current members are: Joshua Davidson (it0uchpods), Jonathan Redpath (legoboyvdlp), Charlie Schwehm (Wecsje), and J Maverick 16. The projects developed by this team are hosted on the it0uchpods Hangar.
The two projects currently in development by the it0uchpods Design Group are:

A3XX Project:
The A3XX Project consists of the following sub-projects:
- A320Family, contains the A318, A319, A320, A321, and NEO versions of the aircraft. Part of this project are: it0uchpods, legoboyvdlp, and Wecsje. The expected release is planned for early to mid 2018. This may change without notice.
- A3XXFamily, not public yet. Part of this project are: it0uchpods, legoboyvdlp, J Maverick 16, and Wecsje. The expected unveiling is late September to early October 2017, and the release is expected for early to mid 2018. This may change without notice.

Project McDonnell Dawn:
McDonnell Douglas MD-11Family. Part of this project are it0uchpods, legoboyvdlp, J Maverick 16, and Wecsje. The expected release date is not yet known, but the aircraft will be available in a development status on the it0uchpods Hangar GitHub soon.
- Will contain the MD-11, MD-11F, MD-11ER, both in GE CF6 and PW4000 engine variants.
- Will contain additional MD-10 model, with GE CF6 engines.
- Accurate systems with complexity similar to A3XX
- Accurate JSBsim Flight Model
- Accurate Sounds
- Accurate Autoflight, FADEC, and Instruments
- And much much more!

These aircraft are being developed by it0uchpods separately:
- 727-200
- PA28-Warrior

Discontinued aircraft, starting September 1:
These planes will no longer get any more updates, or bugfixes.
- MD-88
- MD-90
- MD-10
- MD-11
- KingAir-350

A word from it0uchpods:
As you may know, the A320Family is reaching around 75-80% complete, which means the only part left to work on is mostly quite boring. So I often find myself distracted after working for a few hours, and then stop working completely. So, I decided to start a new project, separate from Airbus, to keep me engaged in programming when I get bored. This way, I will go back and finish that boring part without being distracted completely. I've already tested this theory in the last week, and it's worked really well. The A320Family development will not stop, the update increments are simply seeming less common due the changes being mostly internal. In addition, new code is being tested privately, for more complex systems, like predictions, and calculations.

Links:
it0uchpods Hangar (you can download all aircraft here): https://github.com/it0uchpods
To contact us, use the forum, discord (https://discord.gg/zXruJNh), or mumble (mumble.allfex.org).

We hope you enjoy our aircraft!

Kind Regards,
it0uchpods Design Group

(Thanks to our Wecsje (Public Relations) for writing this update)

Return to “Aircraft Development”