My little YAsim grumble..

Everything in connection with developing aircraft for FlightGear
LesterBoffo

My little YAsim grumble..

Postby LesterBoffo » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:49 pm

OK who the heck came up with the YAsim 'current version' requirement in the latest releases of FG?

It's the lamest sort of requirements, is this something from bugman's problems with the 32 bit vers 64 bit YAsim fdm changes?

I can make this little message in my console go away by putting 'YASIM_CURRENT_VERSION' in my FDM entry, as it has nothing to do with any deprecated features or older types of YAsim. It's rather flummoxing.

IAHM-COL

Re: My little YAsim grumble..

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:58 pm

I know.
I read something about it. but I don't know for sure who made the changes
(certainly I can give you sources by looking the git repositories if that's critical to you ;) )
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:59 pm

Sometimes I find that you can break a plane completely by stating "YASIM VERSION CURRENT" parameter
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:31 pm

Since there is not that much documentation about why this was even necessary and where are the compatibility issues, it is hard to say, what it actually does internally. One of the reasons, I made only JSB planes, but not the only one. And if I could only figure out how to build JSB helicopters.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

Return to “Aircraft Development”