JAFVA - A multiplayer Scene (2)

The JAFVA forum
IAHM-COL

JAFVA - A multiplayer Scene (2)

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:42 pm

[quote="IAHM-COL";p=220148]Image

JAFVA | A multiplayer Scene

Funny story. I had never decided to join a Virtual Airline, but today I am founding what is probably the most unsuccesful VA of Flightgear Story, JAFVA. The acronym stands for Just Another Flightgear Virtual Airline

Where are the Fireworks?

There will not be any. So do not expect webpages, announcements, facebook profiles or alike. We are all about flying and having fun doing it.

How to Join

You basically don't. No joining required.

So what is this all about?

It's simple. JAFVA works as a hire for your flying services. You request a hire, and JAFVA will provide you with a contract for completing a flight. Payment is in hours flown, and this will allow you to progress through the ranks.

Where to Request a Hire?

Filling the REQUEST FLIGHT PLAN form. You need to provide a pilot nickname (ie, IHCOL). Optionally, provide a contact information (like email or a FG forum nickname), and boundaries for the flight requested (such as minimum and maximum duration).

Getting the Contract

Within 48 hours of your request, JAFVA will assign you a flight plan. It will include the following:

• A callsign you must use to complete the route
  • The Aircraft you must use (YES this may not be your favorite engine!)
  • The Departing Airport and Position (parkpos or --lat --lon --heading coordinates) where you must begin the flight
  • The arriving Airport
  • A detailed flight plan
  • Altitude and speed of cruising

It is up to you to choose when you will complete the flight (date and time). But you should follow the proposed plan with the highest of your abilities and faithfully. Taxiing is required both in departure and arrival!

Getting the paid hours

Use the Flight Submission Form to report your completed flight.
Once the flight is validated, hours will be posted in JAFVA's pilot Rooster, and you could request for additional hires :D[/quote]

Hi All
The Vacations period announced is over :)

I will be starting activities later today. A few tasks to complete include: 1) Rank over-the-holidays submitted PIREPs 2) Generate a few standing deliveries

If you wish to request a flight, remember, its simple: Just complete the Flight request form, and JAFVA will be back with a delivery within 48 hours :)

Happy New Year everyone! :mrgreen: :ugeek:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

KIWI34

Re: JAFVA - A multiplayer Scene (2)

Postby KIWI34 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:21 am

Testing this 777-300ER before i use it on some JAFVA routes. Here it is still in its Ferry livery ( weird funny colours ) while i decide what to paint it :D
Landing Gatwick 26L

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:14 pm

for inspiration

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:21 pm

I always wondered whther I can get via JAFVA pilots for VIP flights ;-)
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:48 pm

Im sure you can. Maybe create a table of routes with indicated aircraft. The most comprehensive the better; like
Departing airport, Arriving airport, Flight plan, Equipment to use.

If a JAFVA pilot happens to arrive the "departing airport" he/she may choose to fill a VIP flight for you :)

IH-COL

R.M.S.

simbambim

Postby simbambim » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:52 pm

Greetings to all.

IAHM-COL, on the tracker 15 there are two options for the duration of flight: "Duration" and "Effective flight time". Which one counts?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:18 pm

Effective Flight time counts. Duration can be made to be enormous by just sitting hours in the apron.

R.M.S.

simbambim

Postby simbambim » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:31 pm

Tracker 12 has only "duration". And I think that's the same as 15's "duration". So I've always submitted that. That's why I was asking. Anyway, I submitted "duration" for my last flight.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:36 pm

ok. Yes. Duration is ok if the tracker shows the pilot did not just sat hours in an apron ;)

R.M.S.

simbambim

Postby simbambim » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:41 pm

IAHM-COL wrote:the pilot did not just sat hours in an apron ;)

Wouldn't you notice that ;)

Return to “JAFVA - Just Another FlightGear Virtual Airline”