JAFVA - A multiplayer Scene (2)

The JAFVA forum
IAHM-COL

Re: JAFVA - A multiplayer Scene (2)

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:53 pm

sure deal :)
What scenery you use is not a major concern for JAFVA. The rules are few and clear. Taxi on both ends required. no simulation rate. Make a fligthplan and add it on the Note field of your PIREP. Use realistic conditions of flight for the aircraft you are using. Depart from the last arrived airport.

No rule exist telling you what scenery to fly with :) (nor FG configuration/version/etc, etc)

IH-COL
JAFVA Pres.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

Berkut

Postby Berkut » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:55 pm

OK great.

But,does anyone have an idea why that 2.0 Scenery is making my FG crashing that much?

Thanks

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:59 pm

I dont think there's a bullet proof way for anyone to know for sure. It may depend on your local configuration (either hardware or software).
I make the hypothesis that your graphic card is not that strong, and Scenery 2.0 have larger number of surface triangles than other sceneries. It makes prettier and more rugged terrains, but it comes, logically, with a computing price.

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

Berkut

Postby Berkut » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:02 pm

It;s just around the Balkans ...my country,Croatia,Serbia...I can fly around SFO easily. :D

So,i guess it's something else.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:05 pm

Not necesarily something else. You are missing the point that the balkans is Montaneous terrain. Whereas the SFO has some hills, it can't really be compared. Think Geneve. Without buildings the place is already dead heavy for FG (2.0 scenery) because the Alps are rugged and large mountain sets. Same, but in slightly less dimensions for the Balkans.
It could be the problem. But also, as you point, could be something totally different.

R.M.S.

Berkut

Postby Berkut » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:10 pm

....U could be right,cause around Belgrade for example,goes without any problems,when i take off from LQBK to LYBE,somewhere around the nav point DER ,FG crashes.

LDRI,LYPG...same thing,crashes. So,it's kind of interesting that I was able to pin point the exact place where my FG will crash. :p

Sanni

Postby Sanni » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:26 pm

Try to start your FG with:

Code: Select all

--log-level=info

and take a look at the logfile in your .fgfs directory, there could me informations you are looking for.

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:42 pm

I just arrived into Schipol in Soitanen's 737. It flies very well; the autopilot is muched improved. The elevator is a bit oversensitive, I think; nevertheless, I managed a fairly good landing.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:14 pm

The Most Exciting JAFVA news in a good set of months

I am working in updating the Pilot Roster, so you guys can see how you are doing. There are a good handful of pilots that are very actively flying, and there are at least 100 flights to update, so expect surprises.

The good news is that I had now developed a mySQL database to handle this data
(since it is growing nice and steady, and a simple excel sheet started to make no sense anymore)

This is awesome because it will allow the automation of many of the important calculations, such as grant pilots their time and ranking them up. I have created several python functions to interface to the mySQL database, too.

Finally, the database will ultimately allow me to create a more complete webpage for the JAFVA pilots to be updated, and to keep more transparency in the flights. (besides, each of you may get your own relational table, that shows all your flights' information)

Stay tuned,
IH-COL

R.M.S.

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:20 am

Whoa, wonderful! Thanks, man.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

Return to “JAFVA - Just Another FlightGear Virtual Airline”